Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Angle headset on a Cotic Soul anyone?
  • johnnydrz
    Free Member

I’ve got a Soul that I really like and I’m wondering what traits would change if I would slaken the headset by 1 degree… Has anyone done it yet? Running a 130mm REV right now.

Thanks

Johnnydrz

honourablegeorge

Old or new Soul? Newer one has an unusual headtube setup, not sure how easy it’d be to find one.

johnnydrz
    Free Member

Old one, 1 1/8″ headtube. Works makes a headset for this.

Northwind

Always been tempted to try it but never quite got round to it… I’m a slacker-headset fan but the Soul does have that basic rightness about it that it’d be a shame to risk

BadlyWiredDog

Not done it on a Soul, but fitted one to my old ti Rocky Ridge replica. I found it made a subtle but appreciable difference, just slows the steering a little but without the sort of negative traits you get it you just fit a longer fork. The nice thing about it is that it’s totally reversible and not overly expensive.

I had a -2? headset on another bike and that was a little bit too much to be honest.

The Works Components stuff is decent, but the sealing’s not brilliant ime and I had trouble getting the old worn bearings out of the cups to replace them.

Northwind

I’ve found mine goes through top bearings a lot- I reckon the big flat top lets water gather and soak past the bearings, but that’s really jus a guess. Standard Cane Creek bearings though so still decently sealed and cheap enough to replace.

Results really depend on the bike tbh, and the rider obviously, it made my Hemlock though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Angle headset on a Cotic Soul anyone?’ is closed to new replies.