Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Andy Townsend
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

See Clive, what they done there, is not renewed my contract. That’s what they done.

A bit naughty that, Clive.

Stoner
    Free Member

what are you burbling about boy? got sawdust in your brain again?

maccruiskeen

I think he’s hit the bottle. haven’t you heard? “Carpets are back in fashion”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s ok Stoner, people what watch football will know what I mean. You toddle back to your spreadsheets, there’s a dear. 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

haven’t you heard? “Carpets are back in fashion”

I hear that about, hmmm…4 or 5 times a year. Still shits me up when I do though. 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

See Clive, what they done there, is not renewed my contract. That’s what they done.

If this turns out not to be true I’ll never forgive you for getting my hopes up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So do English players that weren’t good enough to play for England, but instead went down the Irish route, make the worlds worst pundits then? Townsend and lawrenson being the prime candidates.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I bet he ends up on the MOTD team. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So do English players that weren’t good enough to play for England, but instead went down the Irish route, make the worlds worst pundits then? Townsend and lawrenson being the prime candidates.

EDIT: Ignoring whether they’re good or not, they’ve both been employed at it for ages, so somebody must bloody like them…

However, on the dig about “not good enough to play for England…” (as I heard it again recently here as well)

/EDIT

So they weren’t good enough to play for England, and they had Irish connections thru the same rules that apply to every other frickin team in FIFA…but they should just do nothing.

Arguably depending on how it’s measured, they were far more successful than one under-performing England side after another… 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For lemonysam…

Grauniad Linky

wrightyson
    Free Member

I cheer the day ever since this **** puppy arrived that I fitted solid floors throughout the downstairs of our house. Shit storm doesn’t do it justice!

moonsaballoon

I don’t like to see anyone out of a job but about f***ing time

oldboy
    Free Member

Can’t stand the guy, good riddance!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I always seem to have a contrary view on here, I thought he was ok. No better or worse than most.

ElShalimo

Clive should be next

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Arguably depending on how it’s measured, they were far more successful than one under-performing England side after another…

Agreed!.

Even as a scot though, winds me up to hear that fud Lawrenson referring to the English national side as ‘we’ every bloody time,.

verses

<pointless_annecdote_of_the_day>
    I walked past Andy Townsend in Middlesbrough one time. He had a look on his face as if to say “You know who I am don’t you, go on ask me for my autograph”.
    I would have done too, but I couldn’t remember his first name for the life of me. My brain kept thinking “Pete Townsend” which I knew was wrong so I just kept walking 🙂

binners

Two words: Michael Owen 😯

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Imagine you picking a former LFC player binners?!

Whereas Paul ‘joe from the royle family’ Scholes is increasingly popping on as a pundit!

eddie11
    Free Member

If all the footballers who don’t know what literally means he was my favourite.

Euro match probably 10 years ago someone was being Heavily man marked. After a while it caused Townsend to say “look how close he is Clive! He’s literally up his backside…” 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scholes is pretty shit too, though I just don’t hate the team he played for enough to bang on and on and on about it. It’s like some folk are obsessed or something.

Thing about Townsend was that it was fun listening out for the moments when he’d state the blatantly obvious. You’d have to really try to actively dislike him. Obviously, there’s a certain bias but he completely over achieved on the international stage. Playing Italy and running them close in Rome in the QFs of his team’s first World Cup. Andy Bloody Townsend. 😀

portlyone

Not for me, Clive

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A bit cheeky, that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the 51-year-old, who once presented a segment called Townsend’s Tactics Truck during highlights show The Premiership, will continue to work as a pundit for other international broadcasters.

What he has done there is get himself a wage rise.

Oh and DD he was a better footballer than he is commentator
    You can decide if that is praise or not 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Townsend’s Tactics Truck

Geddafookouddahere. 😆

Tasty!

Junkyard
    Free Member

So bad its not even on you tube !!!
    i looked
    Just not good enough at this level

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and DD he was a better footballer than he is commentator

Hey, look, I don’t disagree. He’s not a great pundit but he does entertain us, unlike Owen or Scholes (apart from his damnation of Moyes that time – that was cold!) who just bore us. My comments on him as a player stem from a fondness for that group (a few of whom were world-class, but mostly average) who over-achieved and gave us a great summer in 1990. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh yes who was not warmed by jack and the lads run in the world Cup
    It was good for football that wee run.

As for scholes …he makes shearer look charismatic
    WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

binners

Owen played for United too. And scored a famous winning goal in a derby. He’s a bloody awful pundit though! With his monotone drone. As is scholsey ( though he’s still Class of 92 God-like deity)

Neville and Carra are where it’s at and, be honest: who’d have predicted that?!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Andy Townsend’ is closed to new replies.