Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Andy Murray
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done that Scot. That is all.

BigJohn

C’mon Tim Andy

iDave
    Free Member

Well done to plucky British Tenniser, Murray 😉

the_lecht_rocks

still got to win the Final of course. …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Jeebus, it’s Courier again. Dick.

j_me
    Free Member

still got to win the Final of course

No chance of that….far too many unforced errors.
    Although he was on form in the third set

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

still got to win the Final of course. …

Djokovic looking very strong too 😐

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Tennis is rubbish.

the_lecht_rocks

tennis is one of the toughest sports, both mentally and physically and skillfully.

i don’t play BTW 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Is about to become Scottish again soon then?

allthepies
    Free Member

The dour Scotch plucky British lad done well.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yep hes English for now unless he fluffs it at which point he becomes a jock!

😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

He has a very strong chance – it is not as if he is up against someone technically better than him, only someone who appears to be zoned in at the moment.

If he keeps pushing and attacking and doesn’t fall back into slogging it out at the back of the court like he has a tendency to do, and plays a few more of that 2nd serve we glimpsed today. When he beat Nadal a while ago (when Nadal wasn’t injured) he out-muscled him convincingly.

It is there for the Scot to take…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just wanted to stick in a quick word for Nadal actually – in his post match interview after being beaten by Ferrer: “I can say nothing about the injury. Seriously, I would would prefer not to talk about it, for respect to the winner and a friend I’d prefer to talk about the match.”

What a great sportsman. Saw out the game when he probably should have retired.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye – nadal does seem very genuine like that

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nadal and Federer – frustratingly gentlemanly losers 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Wasn’t Nadal lucky they mysteriously didn’t extend Puerto beyond cycling?…

mangoridebike

The top 4 in mens tennis all seem to be nice guys who respect each other and other players too. Its probably the sport with the best public image at the moment as there is no arrogance or bad behaviour from the best known participants.

edit – maybe i’m being naive in light of fuzzywuzzy’s comment

eth3er
    Free Member

Fuzzywuzzy, help the ill-informed.

Pauly

Various rumours about lots of Spanish footballers & tennis players, as well as cyclists being caught up in the Puerto thing.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I hope the lanky slack-jawed Scotch oik loses. Anyone but Murray.

Hairychested
    Free Member

So is he Scottish or British at the moment?

Digger90
    Free Member

I don’t get why any of us English support him – he’s declared his peurile hatred of us English.

I’m taking a leaf out of the typical Scottish football supporter’s handbook – I support English tennis players and anyone who’s playing against Andy Murray.

He’s a to$$er.

druidh
    Free Member

Digger90 – Member
    I don’t get why any of us English support him – he’s declared his peurile hatred of us English.

Really? When was that?

salad_dodger

Peurile Digger?! Have a re-read of your post and hopefully the irony won’t be lost on you!

duckman

He said he didn’t want Enger-land to win a world cup game,some of the poor little lambs can’t forgive somebody from another country for not supporting them.

pixelmix
    Free Member

He said he didn’t want Enger-land to win a world cup game,some of the poor little lambs can’t forgive somebody from another country for not supporting them.

Yup, that interview is dragged out all of the time as a reason not to like him. It was quite clearly said tongue in cheek. A lot of people seem to dislike Murray for his supposed lack of charm and wit, but if you can get past his monotonous voice, he actually seems quite witty and likeable.

druidh
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    He said he didn’t want Enger-land to win a world cup game,

Oh god – here we go again….
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQsHBwkDgQ[/video]

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I think every sports fan in England should support Murray with the same degree of enthusiasm Scottish sports fans support English sportsmen and women. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Disappointing that this has gone down the same old lines.

Rather unedifying.

gordimhor

dd+1

j_me
    Free Member

dd^2

Junkyard
    Free Member

druidh dont confuse the little englanders with facts they dont need things like that getting in the way if their view.
    Do england actually play scotland at Tennis? Why not support Britan/UK people ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Ooh! Check out the little Englander **** patriots above. Things are shit enough in the UK at the moment. Another Brit succeding in Australia would be a welcome diversion.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

dd^dd 🙄

tankslapper
    Free Member

is he British yet or still Scottish? 🙄

Hohum
    Free Member

Every time I hear his name it reminds me of that daft children’s programme set down in Newcastle.

Andy Murray = Granny Murray (played by the woman who played Isa in Still Game :lol:)

matthewjb
    Free Member

It’s refreshing to be able to support a home player who actually has a chance. So much better than supporting plucky loser Tim.

He’s definitely got a chance on Sunday. It just depends which Djokovic turns up. If Murray gets an early lead then his head may drop and Murray win in 3.

Hohum
    Free Member

If he wins it could well end up being remembered for years to come like England winning the 1966 World Cup 😆

druidh
    Free Member

and a sure-fire SPOTY winner?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Andy Murray’ is closed to new replies.