Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Androidists – transferring data to new phone
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

Ive just got a new (non apple) phone – wahay 🙂

Previously Ive used mybackup pro and basically just taken the whole lot off my old phone and cloned it onto the new one making it a carbon copy

This time Ive kept it as standard whilst I play with it and installed the selected apps I mainly use, not the whole shooting match not to mention wallpapers, lock screens, alarm settings etc etc etc

What I need to do next is take over my SMS history, call history and saves and data from apps which is where the uncertainty comes from – I really dont want to clone the whole phone again

There is a migrate option inside mybackup but I cant see what that does without activating it and Im worried that might be too late so any help here would be good

Also Ive noticed that stock Android now has a “backup and reset” function listing passwords, data and other settings – am I missing a trick in not using this?

Whilst Im at it the phone comes with 2 years of masses of Dropbox space which is fine by me for uploading photos, Google are suggesting I use Picassa for the same purpoe but why would you if Dropbox basically comes for free?

Cheers 🙂

spicer
    Free Member

I use superbackup for sms, call history etc. Think it does apps as well, or if you go to the top screen of play store it will show you all the apps you have downloaded in the past- just choose from there.
    You can set it to email you the backup as well which is handy. Just copy the file over and choose the restore option.

I just use the dropbox too, haven’t tried picasa but no need to when dropbox works so well!

thehustler
    Free Member

there is a app called smart switch, will transfer everything even pull music out of itunes if you so wish

Lazgoat
    Free Member

The Dropbox data is usually limited to 2 years only. So you’ll build up your data to 50Gb then either have to pay for it or quickly move it off DBox.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Androidists – transferring data to new phone’ is closed to new replies.