Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Android video player that plays EVERYTHING – is there one?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve tried loads. Archos, MX etc. They all play MOST of my video files but not all. They all refuse to play different ones!

is there a K-Lite Codec for android?

maccauk
    Free Member

VLC has played everything I’ve thrown at it, as has BS Player.

_tom_
    Free Member

You could always convert your video to be played in MX or VLC. Handbrake and MPEG Streamclip are free converters that should sort you out.

brassneck

Not tried it on Android, but VLC has worked fine on every OS I have used it on.

spawnofyorkshire

mx player has a codec pack as well so that might fill in the blanks.
    otherwise VLC

willard

I’ve yet to find something that MX won’t play and it seems to support the Mali GPU in my tablet better than VLC.

On other platforms though, VLC FTW.

Cougar

I use MX player for video, PowerAmp for audio. I’ve yet to find anything that won’t play.

I’ve tried loads. Archos, MX etc. They all play MOST of my video files but not all

Of note with MX is that it has a couple of different rendering engines (software, hardware and hardware+, depending on your device). I’ve found that occasionally the default engine (HW?) doesn’t work and you’ve to change it manually. I expect that if I told it to default to the software renderer it would always Just Work.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

If VLC and MX can’t play it I don’t know what will.

VLC has been my salvation so many times across platforms.

jamiep
    Free Member

MX very, very occasionally stumbles but I’ve just changed the settings and all has worked fine

Lucas
    Free Member

I prefer MX, the above tip of changing to Software rendering is a good one. there are a couple of files I’ve come across that MX won’t play but VLC will but VLC annoyingly drops audio for a split second every 20secs or so (on my Nexus 7 and on wife’s nexus 10).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Android video player that plays EVERYTHING – is there one?’ is closed to new replies.