Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Android Twitter clients
  • Cougar

Currently using Plume but it’s increasingly getting on my nerves. Last time I looked at clients I spent weeks evaluating everything out there and I really can’t be ringed doing all that again. So, I’m soliciting recommendations; what’s the STW-approved app these days?

Don’t need multiple account support or apps that hook into Facebook and every other social media platform on the planet. What I do need is something which will reliably post messages and pictures without it getting into a complete tailspin if the upload fails. Posting widget would be a nice-to-have.

Cheers.

akira

I use ubersocial, seems to work fine. I don’t do anything that complex with it though.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Fenix.

It’s £3.19.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

+1 fenix

bails

I also got fed up with Plume’s glitches and uncloseable full screen ads so went to the Twitter app as a short term replacement. I’ve not bothered moving on tbh, it works well enough for the things you’ve said you want.

benjishucksmith
    Free Member

Talon

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hootsuite, though it does other social networks, multiple account stuff. It’s popular for organisations to do their social media bit. Both Android app and web. I use the web version as a replacement for the old TweetDeck before twitter ruined it.

Cougar

Talon and Fenix both look good and I’ve no problem paying for apps. However, I’m not paying to evaluate something which might turn out not to be for me. Shame there’s no trial / ad-powered versions.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You could always try it for an hour or so*, and if it’s not for you get a refund?

mogrim

Standard free official Twitter app – I’ve various of the other ones and they all had minor annoyances, the official one is a lot better.

dawson

Carbon

Bimbler
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on Fenix, Plume has been a low level irritant for quite a while now, shame it seemed to be the best client a couple of years ago when I went through them all. Fenix is so much better, £3 well spent.

chvck
    Free Member

+1 for me, get on quite well with the official one 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

+1 on the official one. I got fed up with Plume and reverted back to the official app. It’s not perfect but IME it’s consistent.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Fenix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Android Twitter clients’ is closed to new replies.