Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Android Sat-nav app? (For Driving)
  • cookeaa

I’ve got a new Galaxy S2 coming today and I’m just wondering if there are any decent apps available to use it as a sat nav in the car, I don’t mind paying a little bit if it does the job, or to have European mapping too…

Current car sat-nav is old and crap and it sort of makes sense to use the phone rather than buy yet another device…

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I use Google Navigation when I have a data connection, and Navfree when I don’t.

In Google Maps if you think you might lose your data connection then you can download a section of map ahead of time and Google Navigation can use this.

Navfree isn’t as slick and is sometimes out of date or wrong but it got us round Croatia for a week so I’m happy as it’s free. Definitely worth looking at.

retro83
    Free Member

If you want non-internet ones, Co-Pilot Live Premium is very good.

mark90
    Free Member

Another happy Navfree user here. There are a couple of other free turn-by-turn sat nav apps on the market but I haven’t had cause to try them as Navfree has done the job. Just a few places I have found where OSM isn’t 100% accurate but nothing major.

cookeaa

I suppose it would be better not to have to rely on having a data connection, especially if I’m abroad.

Cheers for the suggestions, I shall take a look this evening…

Cougar

+1 for CoPilot.

jonba
    Free Member

Another happy navfree user.

Tablet is wifi only so needed to be stand alone. Works well in the UK and was fine when I hired a car in Majorca too (downloaded extra maps).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Android Sat-nav app? (For Driving)’ is closed to new replies.