Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • android phone advice
  • dobo
    Free Member

argh i hate signing up for a new long contract as you always want the phone they bring out 3 weeks after the one you just bought, anyway..
    think i got this narrowed down to one of the following

htc desire s
    sony arc
    motorola defy

anyone used all 3 and think they know which i should get?

didnt really want a mahoosive phone tbh, any other recommendations welcome

poly
    Free Member

Not used the Sony. Desire is a better faster phone than the defy. But defy is waterproof etc, depends how important those things are to you.

Northwind

I’ve got nothing bad to say about the Desire, it’s not done anything bad though I can’t compare it with the competition really as I’ve not lived with either. But it’s nice to use and it works.

jon1973
    Free Member

+1 for the Desire S. Great phone.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Defy is ok, not great though. The screen still scratches too

midlifecrashes

I borrowed a Desire for a weekend before settling on the Defy for the durability. I think I’d rather have the Desire as a gadget, but don’t think it’d take the abuse I give the Defy. The iphone is nicer still, but neither any good if I can’t take it to work on a building site. The Defy is a good phone, but not bling. It’s been dropped, sprayed and submerged many times and hasn’t skipped a beat yet.

mau00149
    Free Member

was looking at the defy and ended up with a galaxy s2. Was tempted with the waterproofness durability side of things but ended up going for the larger screen as use it as a second internet browser in the house. The s2 is a much superior phone and although its less “durable” than the defy, will just look after it better, good case etc etc. Kept the old faithful nokia for when i’m out and about and dont want to risk the new phone as well. The costs were fairly similar between the defy and S2 two, this is my first phone contract as was on payg as didnt use it enough to warrent a contract. Happy so far.

Was also looking at the desire, was told it was better than the desire hd as the battery lasts alot longer.

nomakoman
    Free Member

i had a sony xperia x10i….average at best

now have htc sensation…awesome phone, it and the samsung galaxy s2 are in a world of their own! 1080p video recording, android 2.3, full flash support, 1.2ghz dual core processors!

lowey

Another S2 user here… very very impressed.

You might want to add the HTC Sensation to your list. The Sensation and S2 are streets ahead of other android phones.

Houns

Sensation, currently available on all networks bar mine T-Mobile 😡

Don’t write off the rather large Desire HD, as its a brilliant device. I honestly don’t notice it being what OS really only a few mm bigger than anything else and is still slim.

If you use the internet a lot, the big screen comes into its own and of course the touch keypad is bigger. With a Case Mate and screen protector mine survives being on site every day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘android phone advice’ is closed to new replies.