Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Android people – app(s) for photo taking, editing, organisation?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Nexus 5. Looking for a decent system(?) of apps for taking, editing (occasionally), and organising photos.

1. Best camera app? Anything better than the standard Google one? Would be nice to have exposure adjust, not fussed about fancy filters etc.
    2. Best editing app? I guess this might be the same app as the camera one. Ideally allows you to save the edited photo as a separate file, not overwrite (choosing where it saves this would be nice too)
    3. Photo organisation etc – I already use Dropbox, auto upload. I have Dropbox Carousel, but I understand it just displays all the photos in Dropbox, so lots of random ones too, not ideal. With Google Photos, by default are you viewing the photos online or on the device?

Semi-related – is there an easy way to copy backed-up photos from Google back on to the device, so they have the original dates etc?

ampthill

For editing I think Snapseed is the best

[url=https://flic.kr/p/gjT2Eh]Jays first pair of glasses[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

From my note 1

markgraylish
    Free Member

Try “Camera FV5” for greater control of exposure, focusing and camera controls.
    There was a good blog post I found via DPReview.com which detailed some of the better Android camera/photo apps…will try to dig it out later

markgraylish
    Free Member
    colournoise

Camera FV5 is cool.
    Snapseed (now also built in to Google+ photos) or Pixlr Express for quick editing.

Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Downloaded Camera FV5 – seems decent from a quick play around!

I used to use Snapseed – I recently read that the edit features within Google Photo is just the same as Snapseed?

On a semi-related note, does anyone know how I can copy a portion of my Google backed-up photos (from my old phone) back onto my new phone, while retaining the original taken date, gps location etc? I tried copying the Dropbox backup photos back on, but then it just has the date as today for all of them.

Ta,
    Duane.

Duane…
    Free Member

Anyone (to my last question)?

Ta!

bails

Plug both phones into a computer and copy then across as if you were moving files between two USB sticks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Android people – app(s) for photo taking, editing, organisation?’ is closed to new replies.