Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Android music players
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

So what’s everyone using to play their tunes on their Android devices? What’s good?

mactheknife

I have been using PowerAmp, 3 quid or thereabouts for the full unlocked version. Has been faultless so far apart from randomly recognising a couple of albums or not recognising them depending on how it feels that day. 9/10

cranberry
    Free Member

+1 for Poweramp – seems easy to use, though I probably don’t use a fraction of its features, and hasn’t put a foot wrrong.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

PlayerPro for me- it just works

ktaylor
    Free Member

Have Sony’s Walkman app which is the best quality. Rocket Player, Poweramp and Neutron are all good. However I like Google’s own music app as it ties in with their massive free storage and Spotify equivalent.

deviant
    Free Member

I use the standard Google Play music player, all the others like Winamp, Poweramp etc that i’ve tried have been needlessly complicated.

bob_summers

Poweramp (paid) was the best I used before Google Play’s 20,000 free song storage made it almost redundant. Still use PA for the odd thing I have in local storage.

CraigW
    Free Member

Vanilla Music. Its an improved version of the default Android music player. Its free and pretty simple, works fine for me.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Google Play Music, all the music has been uploaded so it seems pointless to use anything else…

PrinceJohn

I’ve used both power amp & google play, for some reason I can’t work out google play doesn’t show up all the local music on my device so power amp is my player of choice.

Haven’t tried Sony’s walkman app – but if it’s the same as the one on my gf’s phone I’ll pass…

bigdean

I use es explorer to play music from the network drive plugged into the router. Not found a better way yet.

spectabilis
    Free Member

bigdean – Member
    I use es explorer to play music from the network drive plugged into the router. Not found a better way yet.

Bubble.

ktaylor
    Free Member

The Walkman app is native on my Xperia Z. I’ve compared it to the others and it is obviously clearer. Google music certainly had the streaming advantage but the loss of quality is noticeable. Has anyone else compared audio quality of the different players?

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Rocket Player….free version works great and I have nigh on 2000 tunes on my phone. Stick it in shuffle mode. Got bored of using Google Play Music Player and I didn’t like the interface. PowerAmp seems great so long as you buy it though why bother when Rocket Player is so good. One feature I love amongst others is that as soon as I switch on my bluetooth headphones the player starts. Saves an extra button push in the morning!

BigJohn

I’ve got all my music on my Mac and use iTunes as a player. I also use Spotify at home.

What’s the best way to sync an 8Gb playlist from iTunes to my Android phone?

Cougar

Drag & drop?

Does DoubleTwist do that sort of thing?

BigJohn

Any good reviews for double Twist? Its website seems to say it’s quite good 😕

prawny

Player pro, until my sd card packed up, then google play music, now spotify (at least until my premium free trial runs out)

Stoner
    Free Member

https://play.google.com/about/music/unlock/

google music manager will copy your whole* itunes library and then host it in the cloud for you to use from anywhere as well as sync back to other devices.

* 20,000 songs.

BigJohn

I thought Cloud hosting meant that every time you wanted to listen to a song you were streaming it.

When I’m on holiday I don’t want to be paying data roaming charges to listen to a track I’ve already got.

Stoner
    Free Member

[b]as well as sync back to other devices.

[/u][/b]

chvck
    Free Member

You can sync music to your phone, tablet, computer with most services for this sort of scenario.

BigJohn

OK, I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Android music players’ is closed to new replies.