Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Android Market Place
  • keppoch

iPhone deserter here.

I have just got an Android phone here. So first things first I need to get my contacts on and load some Apps.

For this it seems I need a Google account, fair enough I have one.

But my signin details don’t seem to work 🙁

My Picassa and Google Calendar accounts work off a Google account that has an e-mail address that is not a google e-mail address, it ends in @breathe.com

Those accounts work fine with that e-mail address so I can’t work out why it doesn’t work for Android Marketplace.

Has anyone got any experience of this? Will I have to start another Google account, I’d rather not as it can only lead to confusion! The Google pages don’t seem to make the connection between the account and Android phones and none of the help pages look like a I will get a reply.

Any help or advice would be great.

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve never tried not using a @gmail.com account, but can you not shift your calendar and photos to a normal google account?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Only advice/info I can give is that when I first switched on my new andriod phone, as part of the setup, it asked me for my google account details.

nickb

I’ve used a non @gmail address, but the address is used as a gmail address, that is, using google apps, you can set pretty much any domain that you own/have control over to use google mail as the mail app, but with our address. Make sense?

So, I use google mail online, but with my own email address. This works fine with android.

If you can set up a google apps account for you @breathe address it should work ok. Might be rather a lot of effort though!

Alternatively, can you set up a new gmail account and import your contacts in to it??

Nick

weirdnumber
    Free Member

This was an issue, but my understanding was that it was fixed a while ago.
    Can you sign in to market.android.com on your browser with your @breathe.com address?

Perhaps you need to create a gmail account to get passed the start pages on the market? You can probably then remove the account and delete it. I have 3 gmail accounts on my phone, 2 are gmail and one is a private domain. I can download apps on any of them from the market and switch between them as I wish.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

you could try creating a new gmail account and then in settings use the accounts and import functionality.

zak007
    Free Member

Will you be selling your iphone, I would be interested??

zak

phiiiiil

I used to have a non-gmail google account; I can’t really remember how it worked but I kept the same account when I changed to a gmail address. Does it give you the option to start a gmail address anywhere when signed in? I think on mine I can use both non-gmail and gmail addresses to sign in now for most things, but in some places I can only use the gmail address. Possibly…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Android Market Place’ is closed to new replies.