Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Android help
  • northshoreniall

Updated Z3 compact today and now I keep getting a query if I want to use Xperia home as home or simple home. Every time I choose always option yet it asks me couple times an hour. It’s a little thing bit getting on my wick, my S4 mini used do same periodically! How do I stop this? Cheers.

mojodave
    Free Member

Have you set it to ‘experia home’ via settings / home option?
    I have just upgraded my Z1 compact to Android 5.02 and all working ok.

northshoreniall

I had done but will try again cheers, its essentially the same always/ just once question its asks repeatedly. Doesn’t seem to be saving my choice?
    Just restarted phone to test and asked me again – never did this before update.

DickBarton

I’ve updated my Z2 last week to 5.02…this update went to ‘plan’…my last update (to 4.4) was very bad – after the update, the phone drained very quickly and things just stopped working properly – only way to fix it was a ‘Repair’ via the Sony desktop app – but after that, you need to install all the apps you had – easy enough to do when you login to Google Play and view all the apps you had installed.

If you are getting any strangeness, I’d suggest doing a Repair – it basically wipes the phone of everything and reinstall a fresh copy of whatever the latest Android version is – it then sets it as a blank phone, you then do a restore of all your data AFTER you have reinstalled all your apps (otherwise not everything is restored).

I’ve had no issues with my phone with the latest update though and it seems to be working better than I expected with the new update.

northshoreniall

Cheers guys, will leave for now see if settles but follow your directions DickBarton. Suspect will do something stupid to it if do now as sleep deprived until Wednesday – really must start revising for exams earlier 🙂

DickBarton

The Repair is easy enough – take a full backup of the device, then select the Repair option – it wipes the device and install the latest version – takes about 45 minutes (depends on web connection speed). Then you do the app reinstalls (this took me 2.5 hours but was mainly down to the amount of apps and the fact my web connection dropped to 500Kb)…then I did a restore – it didn’t restore everything i.e. the app shortcuts on my screens, but it did do all the data.

Best doing it when you aren’t needing sleep though as it can be very annoying!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Android help’ is closed to new replies.