Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Android email app suggestions?
  • Shackleton

Having just joined the Android smartphone world I’d assumed that there would be a plethora of email apps that would suit my needs, but apparently not.

What I want is to:
    > Be able to host 2 Exchange / office365 accounts via EWS

> Unified account display rather than having to look at 2 separate accounts

> Delete emails directly from the notifications bar without having to open up the app

> Show linear not conversation view

> Attach files from the SD card

Ideally this would all be dressed up in material design but I’d prefer the functionality over form.

Can anybody suggest apps that fit the bill? I’m happy to pay if need be.

About to try Boxer, SolMail and Aqua mail but other suggestions more than welcome.

So far I have also used the native Samsung app, the recent Outlook release, Nine, Type mail, mymail, mailwise…..

Ta,

S

CraigW
    Free Member

K9 Mail is very good, loads of settings to make it work just how you want. Its free/open source.
    Though I’ve not tried it with Exchange.

Alphabet

I tried several when I switched from iOS and found K9 to suit my needs best.

smokey_jo

Gmail app now supports IMAP and pop3 just fine. K9 mail works fine but I don’t bother with it anymore

jam1e
    Free Member

My favorite is currently Nine – Exchange Outlook Mail

It does pretty much everything you have requested and works well with multiple accounts.

Although you do have to pay for it, there is a 2 week trial (I figured it was worth paying for after trying lots of free apps that didn’t quite work how I wanted them to)

theflatboy
    Free Member

I have used cloudmagic for a while, it’s pretty good. Though there may be better options that I haven’t tried!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Android email app suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.