Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Android device always prompts me that Single Track Forum has secuirty issues?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Why?

Thing is I use a bunch of other forums that are also bookmarked on my phone – and it’s only this forum that I get “warned” about – anyone else experience this?

Cougar

You’re going to have to be more specific, I’m afraid. What’s prompting you, and what’s it saying exactly?

Screen shot would help.

badnewz
    Free Member

I get the security certificate coming up too, on an Android.

noltae
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I’m referring too – the security certificate – but I only get it on this forum ?

franksinatra

I get the same on Android.

A Secure Connection could not be established for this site.

I then get

Security Warning
    There are problems with the security certificate for this site.

When I look at the security certificate it says (along with loads of other stuff)
    The name of the site doesn’t match the name on the certificate.

satchm00
    Free Member

Has Android updated recently?

No issues via desktop (Chrome) or on my iPhone.

spacehopper

yup i’ve been getting that too for a while on my android phone..

franksinatra

I can’t remember when it started but it has been going on for quite a while.

allthepies
    Free Member

I get it when I follow STW links from Facebook but not from the STW site directly.

Are you guys only getting the error via Facebook links ?

Drac

Do you get it when on wifi? Mobile network or both?

core

I get it every time I use the forum from my android phone, over Wifi.

Same security certificate warning.

Also get a reallyy annoying thing happen when I’m typing a reply to a thread, and it jumps to the top of the page all the time, and it’s nigh on impossible to scroll within the text box.

franksinatra

definately on Wi-Fi

I am with vodaphone though so not really sure about this data thing that you speak of. I hear about it occasionally but never actually experienced it first hand. I assume that it is like Wi-Fi but over the mobile network. That would be nice.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Which mobile browser are you using?

Drac

Which ISP folks?

I am with vodaphone though so not really sure about this data thing that you speak of. I hear about it occasionally but never actually experienced it first hand. I assume that it is like Wi-Fi but over the mobile network. That would be nice.

I remember those before I finally seen the light and jumped to EE, I know get 4G even in our rural town. I now know what a smartphone does.

franksinatra

I was with EE but couldn’t make calls or send texts from my house so had to switch. Vodaphone seems to be the best for making old school voice calls but at the expense of data. I knew it would be bad but I’m amazed at how bad. It is simply non existent

When I complained about it to vodaphone they tried making it better by offering me a good price on a 4G tablet…

Drac

Yeah they were best for voice but that’s so old skool.

When I complained about it to vodaphone they tried making it better by offering me a good price on a 4G tablet…

Yeah they offered me a better deal 4G plan on my iPhone for the issues, assuring me 3G was in the area. When I pointed out it clearly isn’t and that I had an iPhone 5 which Vodafone 4G doesn’t work with they went very silent.

franksinatra

yep, one guy at vodaphone told me if there is no data at all, the best thing to do is upgrade to a 4G plan as that will fix it.

That was quite a short conversation.

core

I’m using dolphin browser for Android.

On vodafone also, mobile data virtually non existent in my county, voice calls not much better, but better than EE, though EE mobile data far superior, between work (EE) and personal (Vodafone) phones I’m normally covered for both, but not always……

Vodafone regularly gives ’emergency calls only’, they told me to switch to gsm, competing disabling mobile data to improve things as phone will latch on to a weak 3g signal over a strong gsm one.

stumpyjon

Just checked, i don’t get it logged in (P user) but did when i logged out on the site homepage. Android user, on mobile data using Dolphin. I always assumed it was ad related. The certificate details when viewed didn’t relate to STW. Sometimes get it on other ad heavy sites ae well.

Cougar

Jon – switch off the ads in your Premier settings, does it still do it?

mc
    Free Member

I get it quite often, but I’ve put it down to certain ads, as it’s reasonably random as to when I get the warning.

porlus
    Free Member

Windows phone here. Occasionaly get a message asking to open or save a file. Click the back arrow on the phone and it goes away. Semi worrying all the same.

stumpyjon

Cougar ads are switched off, i get no issues logged in (no ads), if i log out i get the ads and certificate warning.

myti
    Free Member

Me too.

Cougar

Ta.

If someone can get me a screenshot, I’ll kick it up the food chain.

Cougar

Also – anyone getting it who isn’t using Dolphin?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Just use chrome on android.
    I’ve had no problems with it so far after using it for years.

noltae
    Free Member

All the other forums I use have adverts too And as already stated no issues – just Single Track …

CountZero

I was with EE but couldn’t make calls or send texts from my house so had to switch. Vodaphone seems to be the best for making old school voice calls but at the expense of data. I knew it would be bad but I’m amazed at how bad. It is simply non existent

My first mobile was a Sony ‘Mars Bar’ on Vodaphone; I hardly ever used it, it was almost impossible to find a signal anywhere. That must be over twenty years ago, seems not a whole hell of a lot has changed, then.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Android device always prompts me that Single Track Forum has secuirty issues?’ is closed to new replies.