Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Android charging issue
  • shortyj15

Got an android phone which charges via micro usb. The charging port has become fairly loose so when charging in the car a small nudge / jolt stops it from charging. Are the magnet charging connectors any good?

mattyfez

You just have to be gentle with them, although most decent phones are fairly robust.

What phone is it?

And is it the docking station that’s flaky or the phone itself?

shortyj15

The phone is HTC one m8.

It’s not a problem charging at home just on the move so wondered about those magnet connectors to prolong the life of the phone

mattyfez

If the connection inside the phone is ok, I’d suggest the plug you have might be sloppy? It’s hard to say.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Recently replaced the usb c socket on my One plus2. Cheap part and plenty of you tube vids. Took about 10min.

shortyj15

That sounds a good idea. Ta chaps

kayak23

As above, replaced the usb port on my moto g3.. Under a fiver and easy to do.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

If you keep it in your pocket…

Get a safety pin and use the sharp bit to clear out any fluff in the charger socket (on the phone).

Poopscoop

It could be possible that there is some voltage in those tiny connecting pins which might be a problem if using a pin. Unless the mobile had a removable battery?

A sharpened matchstick might be better. Used gently.

I’ve used a compressed air can cleaner, or just blow into the connector from your mouth… Trying not to let and spittle get in there! Lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Android charging issue’ is closed to new replies.