Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Android + CCTV?
  • dave360

Setting up a webcam so you can see it on an android phone. Anyone done it?

philconsequence
    Free Member

tried… but got thrown out of the ladies toilets at bluewater by a very angry security guard.

the Reading Oracle security looks like it might not notice though… will let you know how it gos

chvck
    Free Member

I don’t about android specific stuff but could you not setup a webpage that just shows what’s displaying on the webcam? If you don’t want other people to see it just password it all. Then all you would have to do is go on the webpage on your phone to see the webcam.

dave360

yeah thought of that chvk, but it seems a bit of a clunky way to do it.

zokes
    Free Member

Been watching too much Spooks?

chvck
    Free Member

maybe remote desktop? That way you’d just need a remote desktop app (pretty sure windows mobile has one so android probably does).

dave360

cheers chvck but I don’t want a PC in the loop. I want to use the system for security for my campervan, and maybe as a reversing camera.

millzy
    Free Member

for your campervan eh?? whos borrowing it?? hmmm 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

ohhh I see now, sorry! My suggestions are pretty useless then!

geoffj

IP CCTV camera + http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/communication/free-cctv-security-monitoring_mxli.html

Could work.

You’d need a network for the CCTV though, either a wireless one near where the camper is parked, or use a 3 MiFi unit.

Lots of ifs and buts, re bandwidth and power considerations though.

http://www.three.co.uk/Mobile_Broadband/MiFi

Or face time on a couple of iPhones / iPod touches

dave360

thanks Jeff, that’s pretty much what I’m homing in on. Although it would’ve been nice to read actual experiences before groping blindly about on the bleeding edge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Android + CCTV?’ is closed to new replies.