Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Android app for sorting notes / documents with photos – any suggestions?
  • tron
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a decent app to take down notes alongside photos? I currently write a lot of paper notes and take a lot of photos when I’m working, and typing them up and tying the photos back together is a waste of time.

My first instinct is to use Google Keep, as I can take photos directly from the page where I’m typing notes. The only “but” is Google don’t really account for the idea that anyone might try and download the photos onto a PC, which I will need to do. I know it can be done by doing copy + paste and Save as on every image, but it’s not that slick when I know I’ll be taking hundreds of photos.

Is there anything that offers a similar note-taking or writing process to Keep but with the functionality to let you save or download your notes? The app will need to have a working offline mode, as I often don’t have a 3G connection.

Cougar

Evernote might be the thing for you here?

Rickos
    Free Member

Yes, Evernote.

wildheart
    Free Member

Google Keep does have a desktop app,available in the Chrome webstore.

If thats not for you,then Evernote it is.

tron
    Free Member

Just tried Evernote and the Keep desktop app – neither seems to have an option to download images? I need to get the actual JPEG files back out of the cloud to use them elsewhere.

At the moment keep + using save as on the images in the browser seems like a slightly longwinded but the best way around it…

geoffj

Take pictures as normal using camera, then add them to Evernote for taking notes – rather than taking the photos from within Evernote. You can then cross reference the original for download with annotated version in Evernote.
    Just be aware that the free version of Evernote has a data limit which you may hit if using lots of images.

Rickos
    Free Member

I have Evernote premium (a freebie from O2) and I can email any photo, PDF, etc out of Evernote. Or send a link,, download, etc. if preferred. Would have thought that was an option on the basic version too. Is that not what you mean about downloading?

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, just checked. In a note click on the 3 dots at the top, select share and then you’ve got your options, one of which is export. That’s on an iPad at least.

mogrim

Just be aware that the free version of Evernote has a data limit which you may hit if using lots of images.

The free version of Evernote doesn’t work offline, either. I’m only using it because they shut down Springpad, which at one point was a real competitor but slowly died… a real pity, it was a lot better than Evernote. When they closed down they offered a free export-to-Evernote service. Can anyone suggest a decent alternative?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Android app for sorting notes / documents with photos – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.