Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Android 2.3.3 problem with Desire HD
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I received a service message on my mobile last night saying there was an update available, so I downloaded it.

Now I can’t get any network access – either to make calls or internet access. Is there a way to roll it back to the previous operating version?
    I’ve tried a factory reset but it didn’t change the operating version.

I’m in Spain in case that makes a difference.

xiphon
    Free Member

Sounds like you might need to download a ROM from HTC’s website, and re-flash (downgrade) via USB.

Doing a ‘factory reset’ when you’ve upgraded the ROM only defaults the settings for that ROM, not flash the original.

Cougar

It’s just reset your APN settings. You’ll need to reset them – might be able to do it automatically, or not, depending on ISP.

Hang on, I’ll have a look on mine where the settings are.

Cougar

Settings / Wireless and Networks / Mobile networks / Access Point Names. Have a look what’s in there. Remember the Menu key works to add new ones, reset defaults etc.

(That’s on a Desire Classic, the HD should be similar but might not be…)

Cougar

Oh, no calls either, missed that. As above, look under Network Operators rather than APNs.

Potdog
    Free Member

@eck. If you’re on Vodafone Spain and need some settings, let me know. I have Desire HD which is working fine after the Gingerbread update last week.

fadda

Stupid Orange. No sign of an update for mine, yet…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Android 2.3.3 problem with Desire HD’ is closed to new replies.