Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Android 2.2 7" tablets under £100
  • Cougar

Almost certainly pish. I’ve used a ‘budget’ tablet and it was grim. PC World had a few on display, the “touch” screen reminded me of a Psion Revo. Maybe I’m spoiled by modern displays, but screens shouldn’t have travel.

I was eyeing up the Dell Streak earlier today when I spotted they’ve released it in a 7″, till I saw it was still 800×480. Pointless, might as well use a phone.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Use the Advent Vega 10.1 tab (from PC World), Android 2.2 and with a minor mod it does pretty much every thing my Desire does minus the phone part. You can use your Desire as a modem with it if you have no WiFi.

The screen is the weak point with poor viewing angles. Its okay but you notice the difference compared to the Desire or an ipad. In use the touch part is as good as the Desire though.

Certainly cheaper than an ipad but dearer than what you are looking at. if you can live with the screen it is a bargain for what you pay compared to an ipad.

Don’t know if it will get a ginger bread update so could be a bit obsolete in due course. That said it is great for browsing, reading magazines, watching TV shows with TV and film steaming app and browsing internet. Flash works well on it too.

Regards

Stoner
    Free Member

I got one of those 6months ago+ (or something very similar)

you dont want one. For me it was just an experiment. Havent really used it since, but at least now know that a netbook meets my needs rather than an android tablet, no matter how much I luuuurrrrvvvvee android.

EDIT: they are clunky, not capacitive screens. Not very fast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Android 2.2 7" tablets under £100’ is closed to new replies.