Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • And which sport blows it…..
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Bloody penalties! Sturbridge effort was a shocker!!! And then a moody shove as he walks off!! Footballers 🙄

br
    Free Member

Football is a sport, thought it was a business. 🙄

anokdale
    Free Member

Tuggers the lot of them, i really have no time for them

Junkyard
    Free Member

No football competition is complete without this

rOcKeTdOg

“national sport” relegated to the blue square premier

speckledbob
    Free Member

Football attracts all the idiots so that other sports gets the best. It’s clear now. 😀

brakes
    Free Member

I’m quite glad. football gets enough attention the rest of the year.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The contrast between football and other professional sports is telling!

Dave Brailsford versus Capello or Hodgson?!?!

marco
    Free Member

Maybe Dave Brailsford should manage England??
    Wiggo up front with Cav & Clancy on each wing! Quality

brakes
    Free Member

Froomey the spider would have to be in goal

brooess
    Free Member

Never has a clearer statement been made about the state of UK football and the general culture – best day in UK sport for a century. And the football team lose to South Korea…

Maybe the country will start to pay attention to other sports now..,

Or maybe football can take a good long hard look at itself and realise it’s become a self-regarding circus destroyed by people trying to make money for themselves

loum
    Free Member

There really was no other way it could have happened.

Coyote
    Free Member

Good points well made brooess.

athgray
    Free Member

The problem lies in not picking us Scots for the team. With a few of us there, we would have been knocked out in the group stage, thus avoiding Englands usual problem of penalty shoot out failure. 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

😆 @ athgray

spacemonkey

Or maybe football can take a good long hard look at itself and realise it’s become a self-regarding circus destroyed by people trying to make money for themselves

This has already been the case for years but nothing’s changed for the better. Too much money, sponsorship, power, greed etc. Crowds will always pay over the odds for season tickets and so on … agents will always take their pound of flesh … players will always demand incredibly inflated salaries … clubs will always pay up … sponsors will remain … as will the power of TV rights/money.

The TdF and Olympics et al will pretty much be forgotten once the Premier League kicks off again. Tis wrong.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

The TdF and Olympics et al will pretty much be forgotten once the Premier League kicks off again. Tis wrong.

I so hope that’s wrong, even though you’re spot on. Having said that, I’m quite happy to let other folk waste their money on watching a bunch of overpaid nobends. I can’t even bring myself to watch MOTD let alone sit through 90 mins of boredom.

maccruiskeen

The problem with football is the score-line doesn’t reflect the game. One team can dominate and it can still end in a draw, or either team can get lucky and score the one point of the match. They may as well take the coin toss before the kick-off as the result. Something needs to change about the game – bigger goals, fewer people on the pitch, alligators, roller-skates – something that results in more points being scored – enough reflect the comparative abilities on the pitch

Wouldn’t it be fun if other sports were scored the same margins as football- the stop watch for the 100m sprint only having a minute hand – everyone finished inside one minute so its a draw – so it goes to guessing how many sweets are in the jar to allocate the medals

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘And which sport blows it…..’ is closed to new replies.