Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • and the best bike you've ever owned is?…
  • qwerty12
    Free Member

for me a roberts dogs bolx which for some odd reason i sold in order to buy a long travel hardtail which was a real let down.

ton

the next one…………… 😉

seriously tho, my bontrager privateer is awesome still.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The one I've got now. & have had for 10 years, with others as well.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My old Saracen. Got me into bikes and has done a heap load of commuting duties as well. Still going strong. Not the best ride I have had by a long chalk but it has served it's purpose well over many years of abuse.

Dancake
    Free Member

Commencal Meta 5.5.2 .

So far every new one has been a better one for me (3 bikes in the last 13 months)

Giant Boulder
    (Landrover Corazon…nasty and weak)
    Gt Agressor XC3
    Giant NRS
    Commencal Meta . (no it isnt cracked yet 🙂 )

lyons
    Free Member

The bike i still wish i had more than any other is my 2004 GT dhi limited ediotion, but if i sell my trek that may change…

LMT
    Free Member

I had a Raleigh Max in the late 90's, full Altus groupset, shimano wheels was really light, some sod stole it a week after i brought it! wasn't happy and couldn't get it replaced!

coogan
    Free Member

My HL 5 Spot. The new DW version I now have has a LOT to live up to.

dab

Back in the days, was only 15 ( about 20yrs ago now )
    Peugeot road frame 531 pro cromed forks / rear stays
    Black mettalic with the peugeot stripes

Cinelli Record Bar/Stem and Cork tape
    Shimano Ultergra 600 gruppo and Campag Omega Strata Hardox V section clinchers with Michelin hi light roads

Selle San Marco Rolls saddle

was worth a bit then, wish i'd kept it

Next best would be my old Kona Cinder Cone, still going strong with the original bottom bracket, headset, chainset, stem etc, upgraded from Suntour XC to Deore XT / Thumbies

was funny how those has an extra click so you could run a road cassette with an extra cog 😉

Last but not least my old raleigh grifter – bombproof

Kuco

Cannondale Gemini Downhill. Always regretted selling it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It should be my Heckler, but I dunno, I can't put my finger on why, but I just can't seem to get on with it.. Its built up with my dream spec,and on paper it should be awesome, but there is a niggling voice in the back of my mind…

Guess I should just get out and ride the ****' thing more… 😳

stonemonkey
    Free Member

my current ones
    a tnt 5 spot / genesis alptitude

before that

rm element race
    spooky metal head
    team edition sunn bmix
    gt lts1
    gt lts dh
    raleigh max cromo
    dawes

enfht
    Free Member

My BMX as a kid:
    Amoco Mongoose cromo frame
    Skyway Tuff II's
    Shimano Quick Release brakes with two-finger leavers
    CW bars
    ODI Mushroom grips
    layback post
    SR stem
    Shimano DX flat pedals
    😀

eddie11
    Free Member

Despite owning several mountain bikes over the years they have all been 'just fine'. Each one has been technically better and more suitable for the job than the last but i've never fallen in love with any of them.

The one that gives me most pleasure is a second-hand knackered steel audax ridgeback with original transmission that has received zero maintenance except more oil on top of the dirt, now has barely any brakepads, rusty forks and some strange handling characteristics that have required years of careful learning. But commuting to work on it breaks up the days and it has given me some great tours with mates. so its 'best' for what I've done with it rather than cos its any good as a bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

My old Giant Anthem has given me more "wow, this is a great bike" moments than any other – but then it was the first modern and full-sus MTB I'd owned.

qwerty12
    Free Member

Spending a heap of cash does not guarantee a good bike for sure…had a Fuquay and another custom steel bike made after the dogs bolx but both were gash, poor allignment and quality. My surly puts them both to shame and cost a fraction 😕

jedi

love my hummer.had it years and i love riding it

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I think it’s my clockwork, well the one I had before it & sold for a pro flex 757 – the current clockwork was bought 12 years ago as a commuter and made the ride to work bearable if not idiot grin inducing
    It the sense you get ridding it that the more you thrash it the more it wants – currently its built up as a single speed which only enhance it
    Don’t get me wrong I love my Yeti but I don’t think I’ll be riding it in 9 years time – even the sub5 has lost it original appeal

nickc

My Chameleon

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i do quite like my solitude… probably the 'best' frame i'll ever have. i did also VERY much enjoy my on-one inbred 29er SS though… which cost me less than half the cost of the solitude frame…

i'll not be selling the solitude for a LONG time though, on its 3rd incarnation at the mo, and loving it more and more…

damion
    Free Member

DMR Sidekick with '00 Z1 FR's on it. Regretted selling it so much I've just bought and built another one, shame this frames a darn sight tattier than the original. Maybe it would deserve a trip to the powder coaters…

Never had a bike fit me so well, accelerate like you wouldn't believe and guarantee to put a smile on my face at the end of the day. I've gone through 4", 5", 6" both ends back to where I started. If I'd only known.

michaelbowden

my 2004 HL 5 Spot. Gives me a big grin every time i ride it.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've had a few nice bikes but the one I truly love is my Epic, which is why even after 6-years I can't see any real likehood it being replaced anytime soon. It's fast and fun as well as looking great.

matt_outandabout

Orange Sub5, but the ST4 is coming up quickly…

JonEdwards
    Free Member

My Soda. The other bikes do certain things better, but as an all rounder that very rarely fails to a)put a smile on my face, b) flatters my skills, it's spot on.

taka
    Free Member

out of the 17bikes ive owned in the klast 4 years its gota be the 1990 somthing maring bolinal ridge had it for 8 months and all i ever had wrong with it was a broken chain and a puncture still got the frame ect. building it up for my mum (wink wink)

jedi

but the best bike i ever owned is each and every one of them 🙂

Daffy

The Mojo.

My '06 Enduro was a slightly more confident descender, but my current '08 S-Works Enduro is the best all round bike I've owned by a country mile.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

taka – Member

out of the 17bikes ive owned in the klast 4 years its gota be the 1990 somthing maring bolinal ridge had it for 8 months and all i ever had wrong with it was a broken chain and a puncture still got the frame ect. building it up for my mum (wink wink)

Is that even English??? 😕

sv

Grifter – back in the day. Blue one and my Mum worked for a tyre company and got me what in those days seemed like a moto cross rear tyre, never wore through it with years of skids!

takisawa2

The old steel Cougar road bike I swapped a camera lens for on here.
    I just love riding it. Its skinny tubes, tiny 23c tyres, loads of flex. Has character.
    MTB wise the 04' SWorks Enduro I got rid of a few months ago. As good as the Ventana is its yet to match the Enduro. Probably just me, silly old nostalgic fool. 🙂

taka
    Free Member

is that even English???

nope its taka drunk language 😉

iseeadarkness
    Free Member

That would be my old 90's Kona Explosif with Bombers.

Man I loved that bike… 🙁

elaineanne
    Free Member

the best bike ive ever owned…… only over the last 2-3 years i have been riding and just two bikes…it has gotta be without a shadow of a doubt :
    my beautiful 'orange five pro' …

Northwind

My current one, my Soul. But the best at what it did was my old Tange Hot Heart-framed Scotia BMX…awesome bit of kit.

Wozza
    Free Member

Seems i'm not alone with the "this bike is miles better than…" feeling!

..but there's something significantly better about my Rocky Mountain Blizzard than all of the others…

Mind you… my 97 Zaskar was brilliant! My mate rides a modern Zaskar race and a bit of me always wants to swap!

DezB
    Free Member

Easy – my Yeti 575 ('06 version – the best looking)

Reasonably close second is Rocky Mountain Instinct. Lovely light, quick bike.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

c16r Orange (clockwork).

Rode like a dream. Light, zippy, rear end flexy in a really good comfy way, mavic rims and a total shimano alivio drivetrain and v brakes. Nothing been as good since.

Or my 1983 Diamond Back Silverstreak, with a db 3pc sugino crank!

bassspine
    Free Member

jedi – Member

but the best bike i ever owned is each and every one of them

+1,000

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘and the best bike you've ever owned is?…’ is closed to new replies.