Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • And the award for the most annoying tv commercial goes to…
  • skidsareforkids
    Free Member

The "We buy any car" adverts actually make me leave the room… WTF? Morons…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, there's worse. The one where little kids are talking about what a hug is like makes me pheel physically sick.

Ambrose

Meerkats

samuri
    Free Member

No, I'm sorry.

There's an advert that microsoft run for their search engine during films. Bink? Blink? Bing! DUnno, maybe not.

Now I like the ones where they show information overload stuff like the fit woman in the cafe going 'You talk'in to me? YOU TALK'IN to me?'. I like that.

It's the floppy haired **** who gets all my hatred. I can't find any pictures or videos but they're usually on the sofa and she'll ask him if he's remembered her birthday and he'll lie and say yes and book a resturant and I JUST WANT TO KILL HIM! It's worth doing time for. He's the most annoying character I've ever seen on TV. Lazy, unkempt while still pretending to not care about his appearance but actually spending 18 hours a day creating it, chubby enough to show he does no exercise but then **** well pretends rto do something.

user-removed
    Free Member

Halifax. Thread closed (now that the kid who wants to go for a poo in someone else's house is off the air).

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

As soon as I saw the title of this post I thought of the 'we buy any car add'. It's so annoying. Or the 'where's there's blame there's a claim' adds. 'I was walking along and I slipped on some water'. Well why the **** weren't you looking where you were going then you stupid bint. Walking about in high heels is asking for trouble in my opinion. If there's any kind of slippyness then you greatly reduce your chances of staying upright. She probly sued the company who made her shoes too.

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Halifax

+1. Oh God yes. 😈

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Or the Range Rover adverts… "It analyses the road a billion times a second and adapts to conditions"…
    Yeah, to make it easier to drive like a moron and double park outside Waitrose at rush hour…

clipper68
    Free Member

Surely its the fat italian singing GO COMPARE, GO COMPARE….. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH.

DrP

"I was given the wrong type of ladder" (Blaim/claim advert)…

WRONG TYPE …WRONG TYPE OF LADDER!!! – what's wrong, is it made of jelly? Roller skates for feet? Or are you just a moron who can't use a ladder….

And breathe….

DrP

toys19
    Free Member

go compare +1 ugghhhhhh

Archaic
    Free Member

GO compare +1 I always hit the mute button or change channel asap.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

My top 3 would be
    1) We buy any car
    2) The stupid faked falling / tripping over people
    3) Go compare

But…you could almost say their advertising has worked…because I remember the adverts and therefore if I ever need to use their services they'll be first to come to mind!

retro83
    Free Member

Adders69
    Free Member

DrP – Member
    "I was given the wrong type of ladder" (Blaim/claim advert)…

WRONG TYPE …WRONG TYPE OF LADDER!!!

Litigation Culture

julianwilson
    Free Member

is the Halifax one where the 2 people talk apparently on a radio station and she spills her tea? I really don't get it. I find it a bit iriitating and pointless. And, rather crucially I can't remember what bank or product it's actually for. Advertising fail!

_tom_
    Free Member

But…you could almost say their advertising has worked…because I remember the adverts and therefore if I ever need to use their services they'll be first to come to mind!

sort of.. but I wouldn't use their services purely based on how **** annoying their adverts are!

cove123

the Wiggle one during the ToF

duntstick
    Free Member

I will never buy car insurance from

'Sheilas Wheels'………

tron
    Free Member

The ambulance chaser ones don't bother me.

Halifax and the older WeBuyAnyCar ads. And Go Compare. The old money supermarket ones were horrendous as well – Bloke: "We want a flight" Girlfriend: "And as soon as possible!". The Halifax one is cringeworthy mainly for the woman rapping along to Vanilla Ice and bopping along in her seat.

samuri
    Free Member

Are you a Sheila?

So many very good suggestions here, the radio station one. What a ridiculous thing that is. And marketing people get paid millions to come up with this crap you know. They give each other awards and stuff.

Bill knows what to do with them.

TN
    Free Member

I hate all the bacteria paranoia product ads.
    My current 'favourite' is the hands free soap dispenser one where "you will never have to touch another death trap soap dispenser pump again". Surely if their soap is that good and the user is going to wash their hands after using the magic dispenser that's entirely pointless.

Apart from that the Go Compare ones are a winner too.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The hands free soap dispenser is completely and utterly pointless. Whereas medical types have been using 'elbow' taps for years and years.

You can also now get infra red ones (like in shopping mall loos) for operating theatres too.

tron
    Free Member

The hands free soap dispenser is completely and utterly pointless.

I saw that and wondered how long it would be until people were trying to sell foot / knee bar operated taps to the home market. Then it'll be UV baths on door handles 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Halifax. If I was with them I would close my account.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

I only watch the BBC, so don't have a clue what you are all talking about 😉

nuke

BT adverts

The radio ads for BT are even more annoying as in the latest one the bloke from previous My Family 'fame' does a poem about football 😡

…although Halifax and GoCompare are not far behind

hels
    Free Member

The deodorant one for the product "that only works when you need it" for some reason that really winds me up I guess cos it's so fatuous or perhaps that is for the stupid/puerile thread.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

The breakfast biscuit things with Johnnie Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon

– it's plainly not funny ("What's next? Marmalade for lunch?!")

– if you don't live in London you probably won't know that those two have a radio show together and will wonder why they're using the guy who hosted Big Breakfast about 10 years ago.

– Johhnie's bacon roll looks much nicer than the dry biscuity thing

– Lisa is intolerably smug

Speshpaul

Credit expert. Well not so much annoying as offensive, a group of b/**** trying to sell people the information that tells them they shouldn't borrow anymore money, when really they 1, know the shouldn't, 2, the lenders have the info anyway (it even says this in the advert.)
    feeding off the fear of not being able to get credit.
    They want f**king shooting.

johni
    Free Member

Go Compare +1

I make sure I never use that site in protest.

andytherocketeer

most of the worst ones are mentioned above (sheila's wheels, go compare, meerkats, we buy any car,…)

only ones to add are a bit obsolete:
    elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk elephant dot co dot uk (just how many times could the guy say "elephant dot co dot uk " in 1 advert?)

oh and that stupid frog of course

Rockhopper
    Free Member

This is a much better version of the "i want to do a poo at pauls" advert

I want to do a poo at Paul's

robgarrioch

There's one at the cinema for some Citroen vehicle, with a totally un-synched voice over a John Lennon interview. I'm no Lennon fan but its so amateur I can't believe it was passed…

And air freshener ads… who buys these? I've never met anyone with one, yet judging by the sheer volume of commercials they must sell millions.

flange
    Free Member

Bit left of centre – Any trailer for the Chris Moyles show on Radio one. He's not funny, Vernon is even less funny and that idiot that does the news wants a **** good slap.

Go Compare
    WebuyAnyCar
    Anything with Kerry Katona
    I thought the Canisten one with the fly buzzing about was inspired though, clearly someone had missed a trick with that

Woody
    Free Member

The ambulance chaser one with the guy who used to be on The Bill – "at injury lawyers for you we are real lawyers"……..no your not your a **** actor and that's one lie already!

That new Lionel Ritchie breakfast cereal ad is going to be really annoying and the BT 'series' where you had to phone in with the ending (she was rubbing her belly at the end of the ad) People actually phoned and voted for her to be pregnant apparently!!! I was going to call and suggest an extended follow up where she carried on with a bit of 'DIY' to see her through to the weekend.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I was going to call and suggest an extended follow up where she carried on with a bit of 'DIY' to see her through to the weekend.

Excellent…

philconsequence
    Free Member

i fell at work and seriously injured my fringe!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I can handle all the go compare type ads no problem, but that smug **** on the BT ad really winds me up, I was hoping in the last but one ad the girl was ringing him to tell him that she had given him AIDS.

But alas no.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I can't stand "we buy any car"…..my bloody kids have begun singing it to wiiiiiind me up!!!

Also WTF is it with all the feminine hygiene adverts……panty wetness, tampons/tampax,fannybatter creams ……for Gods sake stop it!!!. These issues should remain victorian, treated and suffered in silence 😉

I preffered being ignorant of the fact that eventually my Mrs will wet herself involuntarily….where's the romance gone?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘And the award for the most annoying tv commercial goes to…’ is closed to new replies.