Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • And the award for 'Odd Email Of The Day' goes to…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A very good afternoon to you, I hope that you’re keeping well. Looking forward to the weekend? We’re nearly there!

Would you be interested in benefiting from the substantial extra business that you’d gain by acquiring our domain name FloorSander.co.uk?

Best regards,

Alan Smith
    Yateson Domain Registrars

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Got the domain name WitteringBuffon.com up for grabs if you want it Mastiles? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Are you two related?

wwaswas

I did use to think that ‘fanylion’ was something to do with front bottoms but I now think it’s welsh for ‘rides bicycles’ or soemthing.

aracer
    Free Member

Register http://www.yatesondomainregisters.com/ and reply asking if he’d be interested in buying that?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes – he’s my dad. Well, he’s old enough to be 🙂

Cougar

Back when I used to be an IT Manager, I used to get emails like this regular away. It baffles me why people take them on.

There’s one shower in particular that are prolific, called “the Internet Registrar of America” or something similar. They get domain owners’ details from whois (presumably) and then send out domain renewal letters for domains they don’t own at vastly inflated prices (like £200 for a renewal that should cost £7). Must be big business, I bet a lot of companies have accountants or secretaries who look at it and go “ooh, we’d better pay that then.”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Shortbread.

Do one.

😛

Cougar

I now think it’s welsh for ‘rides bicycles’ or soemthing.

It’s Welsh for “detail(s)” I believe.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Do floor sanders currently form a disappointing small part of your business? If so I reckon it’s your lucky day… 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not for much longer – I’m plugging that gap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘And the award for 'Odd Email Of The Day' goes to…’ is closed to new replies.