Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • And so the madness begins….. (house renovation)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just back from a ride and the wife is straight into me with “jobs”. Over the next four weeks weeks we are going to attempt to fully rewire and replaster a house whilst living in it. Over the next two weeks I’ve gotta strip every wall and prep, boy it’s gonna be fun 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

boy it’s gonna be fun

No, it’s going to be miserable. Good luck with your timescale and sanity

TheBrick
    Free Member

4 weeks! Are you doing all the work yourself! Good luck especially if you have limited time off! Bye bye sleep!

jimplops

And just as the pants weather is on its way to make it feel more miserable. Good luck.

maccruiskeen

Over the next four weeks

the madness has well and truly begun 🙂

Vern0n
    Free Member

Over the next four weeks years

FTFY

😀

martinhutch

Did this a few years back with the house I’m in now. Every room was covered in old lady wallpaper, in some cases a few layers thick. We had a month to get it stripped, wired, plastered and central heating fitted.

It’ll be reet though, just get stuck in. And it is the perfect time to do it – nothing worse than standing there covered in a film of wallpaper paste and dust and seeing a beautiful riding day outside the window.

MrOvershoot

Martin is right, every bloody time I have been stuck in a big DIY project its been wall to wall sunshine 🙁

DrP

Not living in our property whilst it was gutted and renovated was the second best thing we did.

Paying someone to gut and renovated was the first.. 😉

Actually, I’ve done a fair amount at home, but my time is both sparce and valuable, and sometimes I just can’t be bothered…

Like now..

DrP

bearnecessities

Whatever.

slackboy

Can I recommend turning off the wifi – theres nothing like the internet to distract you from doing a ****y job that you don’t really want to do anyway. (Yes, I’m supposed to be painting the hall stairs and landing right now)

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m fortunately “in the know” but the initial clear out and plaster chop off will be down to me and Mrs ws, I’ve treated her to a pimp dustmask. Then the rewire is being done by my current site sparky then the plasterer starts. Also got a cheeky joiner in for the day to do first fix.
    Anyhow first run to the charity shop has just been done, rather that than have a load of rough arses arguing over 10p at a car boot. 2nd run to storage unit will soon be complete then it’s drinks time 😉

MoreCashThanDash

rather that than have a load of rough arses arguing over 10p at a car boot.

Sunday mornings at Tansley, eh?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘And so the madness begins….. (house renovation)’ is closed to new replies.