Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • And my next film recommendation is….
  • fbk
    Free Member

Kick Ass – what a great film. Keeps you guessing a bit at the start, a few twists, the hardest “little girl” I’ve ever seen and some good old fashioned pure violence.

Oh, and Nicolas Cage in the best role I’ve seen him in.

Not at all what I expected and superb – that is all 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a great film.

letmetalktomark

Completely agree with FBK.

One of the best films I have seen in a while…..came recommended from here.

I was a little sceptical as I hate, hate, hate NC 👿

But to fair to him, as much as it hurts, he is quite good in this.

Now I want to see the green hornet 🙂

big_scot_nanny

agreed, bloody marvelous filum. Loved it, and the entrance of the wee girl is just fabulous.

I think I’ll go watch it again!

Kev

Bream
    Free Member

One from me: The Hangover.

Had it sat around for a few months and watched it coming back from Germany the other week, had me in stitches, really good film.

Also loved Kickass, watched that little girl sequence several times, brilliant, had me in tears, she’s a great little actress:

RealMan
    Free Member

Both really good films. Got dragged to kick ass by mates, thought it would be rubbish, loved it.

I hate, hate, hate NC

But to fair to him, as much as it hurts, he is quite good in this.

+1

z1ppy

So I’m going to recommend something very different from you std hollywood blockbusters above, a small British (odd-ball/small budget) film called Skeleton’s.
    (Can’t claims any right to ‘finding’ it, as it was BBC recommendation, but I throughly enjoyed it.)

Jamie
    Free Member

So I’m going to recommend something very different from you std hollywood blockbusters above, a small British (odd-ball/small budget) film called Skeleton’s.
    (Can’t claims any right to ‘finding’ it, as it was BBC recommendation, but I throughly enjoyed it.)

Funnily enough I watched that last night. I vaguely remember Mark Kermode reviewing it I think, plus it has one of my favourite actors Jason Isaacs in it.

It was well wicked. Shame it is only having a limited release.

On a side-note I do wonder if Skeletons has some sort of record in actresses with funny names in it, as the mother and daughter are played by Paprika Steen and Tuppence Middleton respectively.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Kick-Ass is an independently financed British film.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Hangover

philconsequence
    Free Member

isnt the main guy from kick-ass from high wycombe?

Cougar

Funnily enough, a mate was recommending Skeletons to me earlier today also.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘And my next film recommendation is….’ is closed to new replies.