Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • And another car thread. Zafira Tourer experiences.
  • matt_outandabout

I think I am about to buy one of these, ex demo, in 2.0 / 165 diesel, with lifetime warranty as current owner is Vauxhall so they will transfer it in full.

Any experiences?
    Anyone ridden in both SRI and SE/exclusiv to compare *how* jiggly the sports suspension is?

bikemike1968
    Free Member

It’ll be fairly awful to drive, but a big useful car.
    The sports suspension turns an ill-handling people mover into an ill-handling people mover with a poor ride 😉
    They are not known to be particularly reliable so the warranty may come in handy. They do come with lots of toys, if that is the sort of thing that floats your boat.

maccruiskeen

I’ve not driven the new model but I’ve driven the older SRI – The ride is OK, the SRI-ness was switch on and offable, but I found the drivers seats problematic – how similar the seat in the new on is I don’t know and it probably depends on the shape of your arse. I found the shape of the seat was such that i cups you hips in a bucket-seat fashion but such a way much your weigh sort of hangs from you hip joints rather than rests on your sit bones. I can seem fine until about an hour into a journey when it starts to get really uncomfortable, after that, even if you stop and rest, you can’t get comfy again for the rest of the trip.

It would be something hard to discern from sitting in the showroom or a 15min test drive whether it would bother you though

matt_outandabout

Hmmm, I had problems in older model as well. The new one the seats look totally different. I too fancy blagging one for a long day’s drive as well to see how comfy they really are.
    I don’t really want the sporty SRi one – much prefer normal suspension and bigger tyre damping.
    mrs_oab wont shift on the Tourneo Connect (my preference), these seem silly good value at present, and the best of a poor bunch (unless we had another £10k, in which case we would by a van thing).
    From a ‘it should work for the next 5 years, carry all our stuff and do it economically and safely, treat it as a white goods purchase’ it seems the obvious choice.

matt_outandabout

Evening bump

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a Zafira, and have driven a friends Zafira Tourer. I would suggest driving the ZT rather than using the Zafira a basis for deciding.

He has the same engine you mention, and the sporty trim with 19″ wheels. I enjoyed driving it and thought it was pretty decent for an MPV. Good engine. I’m quite happy with a firm or even very firm ride – and I’m not saying the ZT had this, simply qualifying that I wouldn’t necesarily have noticed a firm ride – so while I found it perfectly comfortable others might not.

Try one

bri-72

Bought an Sri tourer in Nov 14 and so far happy with it. Was a toss up between it and a touran, zafira won for being a bit more stylish of the two (for a large box anyway), and much better value (a pre reg tourer with delivery miles was same price as a 2yo 15k touran.

Ride is. Tad on the firm side but only really notice on slow bumpy town roads. Fine when cruising.
    Find it to be plenty comfy on long drives and quite a nice relaxing car to drive.
    Negatives? So far nowhere near the claimed mpg, even allowing for vauxhall over-egging the stats we’re getting low 40s on average rather than low to mid 50s.

davosaurusrex

I’ve got one in company car Techline spec. Quite like it in a white goods sort of way. On 16″s, ride is comfy, seats are not too bad with the comfort pack. Sat nav is a bit erratic. Mine is the 1.6 so pretty good on fuel if you don’t cane it. Had the 165 Insignia SRi for a while, not as smooth but more torque. Seats in that were superb, don’t know if the Sri seats in the ZT are the same though.
    Drives like a much smaller car and handles well enough to have a bit of fun on winding roads, not awful to drive at all (shut up Mike). No problems with mine in 6 months/11k but Mike would know more being an AA man and all. Practical although the middle row middle seat isn’t full width so a bit harder to strap all the kids into car seats (think yours are a bit older from photos on here though). Very quiet on the motorway (much quieter than my old S Max), can chat at normal volume at 90 no problem.
    As I said quite like it, don’t love it. Would I buy one with my own money? If it was a really good deal yeah, probably. Think the “lifetime” warranty only applies up to 100k though doesn’t it? Might be wrong on that but worth checking

matt_outandabout

Good deal is £8k off list price and lifetime/100k warranty.
    Or save another £3k and have a year old one. And this one on 0%.
    Silly amount of car for the money. I have just never paid *that* much for a car before. 🙁

bright
    Free Member

Had one as a hire car once with all the sporty add ons, its a good car. I found the handling quite acceptable for a vehicle of its size and to my eyes it looked the part!

davosaurusrex

Just remembered a colleague rolled up in a specced up Sri a couple of weeks back and he was really impressed with it.

If the mileage on the year old one is low you might as well save the 3k as the warranty is mileage and not age limited

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘And another car thread. Zafira Tourer experiences.’ is closed to new replies.