Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • And after 4 months…. I get to ride a bike again this weekend. Yay!
  • ourmaninthenorth

So, after climbing off my bike in February, shattered and fed up, I soon went down with the first of a series of illnesses, which included gastric and full-on flu and two chest infections. 12 weeks later, they had all passed. Then I moved house and have been unpacking for the last few weeks.

I weighed myself this week, and the lack of exercise combined with new relatively new fatherhood and sheer gluttony means that I’m two stone overweight.

Mrs North sympathises and has suggested I ease myself back in with a couple of hours on the bike at the weekend.

I’m like a kid on christmas eve 😀

wwaswas

a couple of hours on the bike

after 3 months and with 2 stone added I’d be starting slower than that 😉

Enjoy 🙂

noteeth
    Free Member

Wa-Hey! Enjoy, sir. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

wwaswas – 2 hours on the road bike – a steady trundle round the West Lancs lanes near home. Legs wil be sore on Tuesday.

noteeth – cheers.

wwaswas

If it’s riding a bike then it’s good 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Congratulations, despite the lack of fitness, it feels really good to get back into it – I was off the bike for at least 6 months I think.

ourmaninthenorth

Am somewhat concerned my bib-shorts and jersey won’t fit, even taking into account the natural stretch of lycra…

grum
    Free Member

Am somewhat concerned my bib-shorts and jersey won’t fit, even taking into account the natural stretch of lycra…

Sorry, had to be done. 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘And after 4 months…. I get to ride a bike again this weekend. Yay!’ is closed to new replies.