Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • An open letter to Mr Wiggins
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Not that he’ll ever read it, but hey ho.

Dear Bradley,

I’ve just put a bottle of rather nice Champagne in the fridge that I don’t plan to open till there’s a Brit on top of the podium in Paris in three weeks time.

I have the hellish task of resisting it every time I open the fridge door. All you have to do is pedal your bike round the French countryside for three weeks. Here’s hoping you stick to your side of the deal.

Best wishes and bon chance,

Kenny.

Stu_N

Like it. Might even do the same…

I gave him some tips* when I saw him at the Dauphine and he was fine there, I’m still waiting for the call from Team Sky.

* We yelled “BIG RING IT TO MORZINE!!!!” when we saw him crest the Joux Plan. He followed that advice and he did very well.

ben
    Free Member

Like it too. How many stw bottles can we get on ice?

avdave2

I was given a bottle the other day I think I may keep it for just the same thing.

alpin
    Free Member

how about caveat that he’s not allowed to do drugs during this time?

2orangey4crows

I’m in.

Bottle of expensive French red awaits Bradley’s win…

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I’ll be in Paris for the finish so hopefully I’ll see him cross the line in yellow. If that happens it would definitely be rude not to have a spot of bubbly.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve got a case left over from my wedding.

For a Brit this has the potential to be quite an exciting three weeks of cycle racing.

I’d like to add a PS.

ALLEZ! (but don’t crash FFS)

leffeboy

ps. please eat something. It seems like there are a few cyclists that have absolutely zero excess weight on at the very start of the tour. It looks a little scary

rOcKeTdOg

if he wins i will genuinely shed a tear watching him don the final yellow jersey on the podium, sod the alcohol, the emotion will be enough

jameso

Best wishes and bon chance,

Amen to that.. Got a bottle to share with some neighbours if he does it, good call Kenny.

yetirose
    Free Member

nice one ill get a bottle too 🙂

wonnyj
    Free Member

In in. Champers moved from long term storage in cupboard to fridge.

We’ll be hitting fever pitch soon….

MoreCashThanDash

Does it need a whole 3 weeks to chill? Thinking I might not be able to resist if I put it in now and see it every day….

jonba
    Free Member

Can I take it out the fridge yet!

jmason
    Free Member

Not until the fat lady sings jonba, not until the fat lady sings

Markie
    Free Member

Can I take it out the fridge yet!

According to Mrs Wiggins on twitter, yes…

Right everyone I am calling it. Operation drink as much champagne as you can. GO.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Mine’s in the fridge and I’ve got the glasses ready for tomorrow…

jameso

Had to go away until mid week, but a replay and a cold one when I’m back for sure.. brad, you gone done it!

peteimpreza

Wiggo!!!!!!

Well done that man.

kerv
    Free Member

Already shed a few tears after this afternoons performance, tomorrow has the potential to be very embarrassing. Don’t like champers though so cold beer will have to suffice. 😀

tlr

Didn’t see the original post, but I’ve had a bottle in the fridge for a while, I reckon tomorrow might be just the right time to open it.

What a great day for British cycling.

jota180
    Free Member

Astonishing performance from him and the team

He stuck rigidly to the program and wasn’t swayed by calls for him to be more assertive and attack from the front.
    When he was given the green light to go, everyone knew about it.

Same with Cav yesterday, I thought he’d lost some of his advantage,looks like it was just team discipline
    It’ll be interesting to see how involved Wiggins gets with Cav’s train tomorrow

Big drink for me tonight too, I always drink on Saturdays though 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

Not until the fat lady sings jonba, not until the fat lady sings

I think we can say that the fat lady is in the room, and the orchestra is playing the overture 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tomorrow, and maybe Monday too, I will wearing yellow in his honour.

aracer
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how involved Wiggins gets with Cav’s train tomorrow

He’ll certainly be doing his turn (a big one) on the front – after all he did yesterday with the TT still to come. Probably more than one if they have a break to chase down. No downside to getting involved with the train – it keeps him at the front out of trouble. It will certainly be glorious to see a full Sky lead out train for the first time in this year’s race – as a sprinter what would you give to have the two fastest (and the fifth fastest) men on the flat in your train?

In a fantasy world he’d be Cav’s final lead out man, but realistically he’ll probably do a big turn on the front from 2km out until they go under the kite and leave EBH to do the last bit.

DavidB
    Free Member

We’re having a Brad BBQ tomorrow. All welcome as long as you bring steak, ale and champagne

bloodynora
    Free Member

Will raise a glass tomorrow for the team if/when all goes well. Never thought I’d see this to be honest. Though I’m sure one of the resident Attention Seekers will be along shortly to say Wiggo isn’t British and they’ve won it with money from the Devil.

Bottle and glass poised 😀

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

As long as they’re happy to tell Bradley that he isn’t British to his face, then we can’t have any reason to complain.

Loved Ned Boulting’s comment – tomorrow the champagne, the next day the social uprising!

boxelder

Bradley Wiggins’s wife Cath Wiggins on Twitter: “Right everyone I am calling it. Operation drink as much champagne as you can. GO.”

Ace.
    Well done Brad and Sky (typed with crossed fingers)

grum
    Free Member

As long as they’re happy to tell Bradley that he isn’t British to his face, then we can’t have any reason to complain.

He isn’t British……..
    He’s English. 😛

NickScots
    Free Member

He was born in Belgium, he is naturalised British, saw him twice in the TDF this year, prologue and top of the Col de Glandon. Has done well, whatever nationality he is.

olddog

Bugger Champagne, I’ll be getting some proper beer in. London Pride perhaps, anyone got any more niche London and/or cycle beer suggestions?

instanthit
    Free Member

Beer here too.
    Top man, classy rider, big respect Wiggo.

belugabob
    Free Member

Proper beer or London Pride – make your mind up 😉

higgi
    Free Member

Go Wiggo …. what a day it`ll be when he crosses the line in yellow . What a ride by Chris Fromme too .. well done guys

olddog

Belugabob – point taken on London Pride, but I’m a Yorkshire boy who has to make do with my local Wharfebank beers – anyone any better suggestions of London brews other than London pride for Sir Bradley?

D0NK

choice of beer, I think gold rush might be a little more, local 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Mate and I celebrated with Youngs London Gold tonight – seemed apt, and quite tasty for an Aldi special offer….

Carlos45
    Free Member

There’s a new (well new to me) British lager out called “Saint”

Surely this is the one to drink.

Dont know where to buy it though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘An open letter to Mr Wiggins’ is closed to new replies.