• This topic has 29 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • "An intimately curated experience"
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tickets start at £50.
    http://rouleurclassic.cc

But, at least it’s in association with STW’s favourite Italian sports car manufacturer.

Epic wankery.

nickc

Is everything intimately curated these days?

slowoldman

That link is blocked by the URL filter at work, presumably on the grounds of “epic wankery”.

Oh and could someone explain “intimately curated” to me? I’m a Northerner.

atlaz
    Free Member

TBH, seems like a massive piss take but as I said on a thread on another forum, Rouleur seems to be a massive piss take recently. This year we’ve had a two-part Lance love-fest and an article about Bertie where it basically says he DID have a positive but is basically innocent anyway.

johnnystorm

Curated is rapidly becoming the overused word of the moment. Usually to indicate a component set that has a bunch of cheaper parts to keep costs down.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Presentation is a bit toss, will there be discussions on getting the best from your woodburner or coffee maker?

Hopefully the content will be OK.

nickc

The Guardian knows all; obviously

tang
    Free Member

David Miller, Maserati ambassador? Sweet, I’m in. Such a humble engaging speaker.

slowoldman

Thanks nickc, I understand now. I won’t be going. I suspect I don’t use the correct beard wax for such an event.

nemesis
    Free Member

I can’t help but feel that Rouleur was started as a spoof and they’re now trying to get more and more extreme since no one seems to have realised 🙂

It’s all starting to sound rather ‘American Psycho’

Drac

Muckle flash.

Moses

The Mash understands –
    Curating

P-Jay
    Free Member

That…. is not for me. My working class twitch would have me break dancing.

I’ve no idea what “intimately curated experience”, but I have images of two caretakers taking off each others clothes and frankly, it’s not making me happy to think about it.

theotherjonv

could someone explain “intimately curated”

I once knew a lady that could be described as ‘intimately curated’

And in an alarming juxtaposition of phrases from this thread, refreshing the memory of her intimate curation may lead to some epic wankery later.

martinhutch

Be fun to turn up for your ‘intimately curated’ pro-ride wearing baggies on a battered commuter complete with panniers.

I’ve no idea what “intimately curated experience”, but I have images of two caretakers taking off each others clothes and frankly, it’s not making me happy to think about it.

molgrips
    Free Member

A what?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Had a look at the website still none the wiser as to what it is. Is it a ride or a look around the shops? Either way I’d not be paying to ride on public roads and certainly wouldn’t be paying for someone to sell me stuff. I’m guessing it’s not for me.

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s an epic circle jerk for tryhards 😉

(It’s a series of rides, workshops, talks, etc)

thegreatape
    Free Member

I take it it’s for Londoners only?

DezB
    Free Member

on this exclusive road ride and track drive experience day

They certainly know their audience, judging by the petrolhead threads on here.

nemesis
    Free Member

Am I allowed to go then? I’m from London but don’t live there… Would I be found out? The lack of beard wax (and beard…) would probably give it away 😉

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

This seems appropriate here…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think, even for me, that it’s a bit too try hard and yet it will attract a couple of folks I know of.
    I like DM, glad the blokes still riding bikes and has got this gig with Masser’s.. Seems like he’s making the best of a new career in a sport he still clearly loves.
    He, and this, would fit perfectly in Goodwoods Festival of Speed next year.

Crack on I say, hope he/they all enjoy it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, tickets booked.

binners

I take it it’s for Londoners only?

It would appear to be the epicentre

Its shit like this that crystalises in my mind peoples motivation in heading for Syria, strapping on a suicide vest and doing their bit towards ending western civilisation

toby1

Surely such an event should be populated by boutique handmade frames, not bulk made stuff you can strap to the back of your X5!

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ TBH I think they want to distance themselves from BeardyWeirdy types… and tattoo covered Gypsters.

Sandwich

Epic wankery.

Most definitely this.

LAT

I’m interested in the ‘intimate q&a.’ I wonder if any topics are off limits to the (paying) guests?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘"An intimately curated experience"’ is closed to new replies.