Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • An idiots checklist for going 1 x 9 (or maybe 10)
  • maxray
    Free Member

Ola,

Currently riding my bike with a DMR singlespeed conversion on the back and the middle ring of my lx cranks. Realised on the weekend that I could probably do with a few gears so I can enjoy it a bit more as I just dont have the power needed to beast up steeper climbs at the mo.

So, if I want to go 1×9 I just need : cassette, mech , cable, chain , shifter and some sort of chain device?

Any recommendation on the least intrusive type? I know I could bodge an old front mech but wanted a slightly more elegant solution.

Ta,

prezet
    Free Member

9 speed chain, and the E13 LG1+?

maxray
    Free Member

130 quid.. oof! :S

really liked the look of the hope one they had made a prototype of, evidently not enough demand for them to roll it out yet.

br
    Free Member

So, if I want to go 1×9 I just need : cassette, mech , cable, chain , shifter and some sort of chain device?

Plus walking shoes…

riski4130
    Free Member

I had a MRP device and was tired of the amount of crap that would lodge between chain ring and back plate, so bought Blackspire stinger and ring god. Works just as well for a fraction of the price of E13.

will
    Free Member

Superstars XCR guide works perfect for me.

tinsy
    Free Member

Make sure its a shaddow mech, SLX is a good shout, the noise will get on your nerves after SS, this will help cut that noise down.

You will be wanting a chainstay protector or old tube& zip ties.

maxray
    Free Member

Ahh b r , a comedy genius! 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘An idiots checklist for going 1 x 9 (or maybe 10)’ is closed to new replies.