Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • An hourly rate for a leccy?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve asked someone i knew a while back to quote me for the work involved to wire up the main house to a barn 50 meters or so away. What kind of hourly rate would you expect an electrician to charge for a similar job if parts were already sourced and the hole was dug and the utilities would connect the end up? As I didn’t expect £60 an hour cash I thought it’d be more like £30 an hour? am I totally misguided?

easygirl

£30 an hour sounds about right

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i know a few sparkies that will work for £100 a day for cash

tinribz
    Free Member

Depends how long the work takes, couple of hours is one thing, 10 hours at that rate is taking the mick. Just ask for ‘job’ quote.

Marin
    Free Member

With tinribz. Job price is the norm. Suggests they know what they are doing. Peeps insisting on hourly rate wouldn’t be doing the electric on my house.

saladdodger
    Free Member

the OP has at least got his feet on the ground

£25 – 30 is a good ball park figure

Not as much as a solicitor though

chico
    Free Member

We charge £25.00 An hour for a sparky labour only. £18.00 for labourer or apprentice. Best to get a price for that sort of job though. The JIB rate for salary is £14.10 ish an hour for an approved electrician.

thehustler
    Free Member

thing is does the guy think its only an hours work but but is going to knock out half a day with travelling etc?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Always get a fixed quote for this type of work, and, as you and everyone knows, get more than 1 quote!

nealglover
    Free Member

£60/hour would be steep even for a two man team of sparks and labour/apprentice.

For a sparky on his own he’s taking the piss.

(Unless it’s an hour job and he’s got a minimum charge)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘An hourly rate for a leccy?’ is closed to new replies.