Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Amusing coincidences
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The billing codes we have at work are three seven letters – the first three are always the same for our dept. I’ve been badgering the admin lady for a code for ages and she sent me an email telling me the code is ABC FCKU

I don’t think I’ll live to see anything that brilliant in timesheet administration again 🙂

tomhoward

Once did some pricing for an end user, STW. Imagine my disappointment on finding it was Severn Trent Water. Still makes me smile when I see emails relating to it

mark90
    Free Member

Have you checked if that’s a real code yet?

wwaswas

I don’t think I’ll live to see anything that brilliant in timesheet administration again

Peak timesheet has been achieved.

It’s a slow slide towards retirement from here via 20 years of increasingly banal timesheet codes.

Stu_N

We have recently moved to a platform that uses four character codes for accounts; the old system had two characters. As accounts are migrated over onto the new platform, the convention is to use “x2y2” so it’s clear that it has a predecessor on the old system.

Gloriously, account RD was moved across, so we now have “R2D2”.

Someone has now set up a new account “C3PO”on the system now, which is causing a few problems because of the “o”/ “zero” thing, and we don’t normally use “letter O”. But once something is set up it’s too much hassle to change it…. I chuckle every time I see it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Amusing coincidences’ is closed to new replies.