Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • %^&**$£% SDG Bel Air anyone cured the creak yet ? (richie the silverfish about ?
  • oldfart

Someone was having problems on here recently .I’ve done everything to mine i normally do .Took it off cleaned it even let Finish Line Chain Lube soak into where the rails join the plastic.No luck it’s still doing it .Drives me nuts!!!!!Just wondered as Silverfish import them whether Ritchie has any tips?This is the 2nd one i’ve had that has gone like that after 18 – 24 months.Such a shame as it’s still like new and is the most comfortable saddle i’ve had.
    Anybody got any more suggestions before i try a Charge Spoon .Did wonder if it was because they were a “good ” price from On One would the full price one’s be any different ?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You sure its the Bel-Air?, as i have an awful creak on mine, but its on a Thomson Post, and i always put it down to that?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

mine does it too, although it could be my knees.

DrP

My ti railed bel air creaks, but…..

..I also bent the rails after stacking it and the saddle ending up in my guts – abs of steel eh!

DrP

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My saddle/seatpost creak within minutes of being cleaned and reassembled creak free. Thompson Masterpiece seat post and Ti railed saddle.

oldfart

So it might be the Thomson Post ? Guess i could stick the saddle on the work bike and see what happens .Why would a Thomson Post creak ? They are supposed to be quality aren’t they ?

claudie

I know it doesn’t help but mine creaks with an ea70 post. I’m resigned to living with the creaking because I like the comfort

steel4real
    Free Member

They all do it – all 3 of mine do. I just put chain oil down the rails at the nose end while resting the saddle nose down on something (still attached to the seatpost). Just have to do it every few months.

I wonder, if that works, it may be worth sealing the nose end up with silicone sealant or something ?

oldfart

Reckon it’s deffo the saddle as it doesn’t do it when i’m sat down riding smooth tarmac but starts as soon as i start mowing around.

Haribo
    Free Member

i have the exact same problem. Funnily enough i also wrecked my first one when it hit me in the chest 🙁

creaking on a raceface next SL post.

nickc

Thomson and Bel Air is a well know creakathon waiting to happen, I think it’s because the Ble airs rails.

Anyhoo, copper grease*, all over the rails, and on the bolts of the post…

*I think I’ve mentioned that I know it’s not supposed to be used for this, but it works, so there you go…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘%^&**$£% SDG Bel Air anyone cured the creak yet ? (richie the silverfish about ?’ is closed to new replies.