Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AM/Freeride Frame Reviews
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

I’m after a new bike but have limited funds, (I’ll probably be able to save around £400 in a couple of months) for the frame. I love long days riding up and down any and every hill but also love to have the freedom to play about off drop offs and double jumps and other such stuff so AM/Freeride was the way forward.

Looking at about 150mm-160mm travel but what frames are there that you’d recommend, (I have no problem with buying second hand either)

cheers

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m chuffed with my Lapierre Spicy for messing around on and XC too. I ride XC with it and it pedals with minimal bob but I also ride/race DH and do some freeride too. I love it! Pissing around on big doubles, decent sized drops drops, throwing a couple of tricks on the step up? No problem. Tomorrow I’ll be messing around with 360s on it and hitting some decent features and then the Mini DH on sunday.

If you can’t tell already, I love it!

You’ll be able to pick frames up from ebay, Pinkbike etc.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Other options would be Nukeproof Mega, Transition Bottlerocket etc…

tomaso
    Free Member

If you’ve got a £400 frame budget I’d go for a Pitch, Spicy, Remedy etc – something common!

I’ve got a Pitch and it takes everything in its stride.

You see complete bikes sometimes go on ebay for £600 – this one went for £550 all in! pitch on fleabay

allmountainventure
    Free Member

One of these

Coiler

It will take anything you can throw at it and pedals really well t’boot. Build it up around a VANRC and a Lyrik.

Tracey

05/06 Enduro with a DHX shock, should get one well within budget. We have three in our family, got Katies frame for well below your budget.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Great bikes, had one myself but they snap at the chain stay so second hand not a wise buy in my view.

toys19
    Free Member

I was gonna trot out my usual answer -transition covert- but I dunno if you’d get a 2nd hand frame for that…

big-chief-96
    Free Member

How about Kona Coilairs? They seem to fit the bill and have some good reviews. Seen them in the Mega Avalanche as well. Never been sure about Kona though

Tracey

Kevin had a Coiler Primo which was passed down to Katie, great frame but the Enduro is streets ahead.

Never had one snap and ours have had some hard use in the UK, Alps and Spain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘AM/Freeride Frame Reviews’ is closed to new replies.