Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • American sports
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Warriors win it 😀

Penguins repeat 🙁

Orioles awful this year, pitching is weak.

I know a few people on here follow NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL

loddrik
    Free Member

NFL is great. Basketball is utter shite. May as well get rid of most of it and just play the last 5 mins of each game as that’s when the game gets remotely interesting. The preceding 3.75 or so quarters are pretty pointless (no pun intended).

paulhaycraft

Love a bit of NFL.

Vikings at Twickenham this year!

mikey74
    Free Member

My love of baseball has really grown this year: it’s an awesome sport to watch on lazy summer evenings.

I’m also an Orioles fan, largely because they were the only team around when I lived in Washington DC. However, Washington now have the Nationals, so I follow them as well.

Basketball and football are great too.

jimdubleyou

Going to NFL at Twickenham this year as it is only a mile away.

I can watch baseball, not fussed by basketball or hockey.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Statistics. The true American Sport.

If you can’t break a game down into a million meaningless numbers and drag it out over 5 hours then it’s not for them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

College football is better than NFL.
    Ice hockey is great live. Rubbish on TV.
    Baseball is great, when your company has a box behind home plate!
    Basketball is just dull.

In summary,

vinnyeh

Longtime OKC supporter, the Durant affair has really tainted my enjoyment this year.

Never been to an MLB game, but would love to- despite all the scandals it’s the american sport- so much mythology attached to it.

Oh, and Super-X, all those white trash boys with the weird names 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Statistics. The true American Sport.
    If you can’t break a game down into a million meaningless numbers and drag it out over 5 hours then it’s not for them.

Your point being? Actually, the average length of a baseball game is 3 hours.

Statistics and long game times? Are you aware of cricket?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are you aware of cricket?

Yes. Like most Scottish people I have gazed in disbelief at 6 hours of tedium on BBC2 , interspersed with seemingly random numbers which only seems to end if someone wins because it rains or there are cakes.
    At least the Americans have the good sense to break up the proceedings with a bit of singing and the occasional glimpse of Janet Jacksons diddies.

Pigface
    Free Member

Baseball has the most ridiculous stats, how a batter faces up against a left handed pitcher on overcast week days. I shit you not 😆 there are stats for everything.

I was never a basketball fan but last years finals was the stuff of legend.

Good to see Mikey 74,follows the O’s shame they are so bad this year.

mikey74
    Free Member

The only game I’ve been to was the Orioles, at Camden Yards. The great Cal Ripken Jr was playing. Yeah, not doing so well, so I fall back on the Nats :mrgreen:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘American sports’ is closed to new replies.