• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aP.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • American Hustle
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Am I on my own here thinking this film wasn’t very good? The storyline was OK, but the amount of waffle in it made for a dull film. Opinions?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I thought it was over hyped, it wasn’t as good as I thought it would be. It was very nicely filmed, and the characters were excellent, but not what I was hoping for.

I saw Wolf of Wall St on Friday, I really enjoyed it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

really dont fancy it at all.

warton
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, I thought Bale was outstanding. it didn’t blow me away, but it was a nice way to spend two hours. is it Oscar worthy? I’d say definitely not.

johnners
    Free Member

I liked it, but it was always going to struggle with a 150 minute running time. It could have left a fair bit more on the cutting room floor, I thought the cast did a great job though.

johnners
    Free Member

is it Oscar worthy? I’d say definitely not.

It’s no Godfather 2, but Oscars are a relative judgement, what do you think is much better from this year’s nominees?

jamiep
    Free Member

Bale = very good
    Plot = very obvious
    Worth going to see though

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Did anybody else develop a massive crush on Rosalyn Rosenfeld played by Jenifer Lawerence, or was it just me. I think it was more the character than Lawerence tbh. 🙂

arrpee
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it.

Very funny throughout. Enjoyed the deepening sense of threat as the involvement of the mob ramps up.

Jennifer Lawrence gives the scariest performance since Javier Bardem’s Chigurh in ‘No Country for Old Men’.

“Don’t put metal in the Science Oven…”

toby1

It was well acted, well dressed and well shot, but I thought the story was lacking really. So not on your own at all OP, overall didn’t come out of it a massive fan of the film.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Lost interest within the first hour and gave it up .

Mark

How so? fell asleep in the cinema? Walked out?

I was entertained for 2 and half hours 🙂

IHN

It was well acted, well dressed and well shot

Which is why it’s up for an Oscar(s).

I liked it, but wasn’t blown away by it.

funkrodent

Thought it was a good film, but felt that it meandered a bit in places and there seemed to be gaps in the story that it didn’t satisfactorily resolve. Superb acting, quite edgy and in your face and, as mentioned above, a looming sense of things about to go horribly wrong. Also the idea that you’re never quite sure who’s screwing who, which I suppose is a good thing in a film about conmen.

Would recommend it, but caution that it’s not an American version of Hustle with pin sharp suits and witty banter and everything tied up neatly in 45 minutes..

jon1973
    Free Member

is it Oscar worthy?

Since when has an Oscar ever been an indication of a good film?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought it was great.

All good performances, I never knew who was screwing who, and a ethical/moral dimension.

I’ve heard Wolf on Wall St lacks depth in its story so I may not bother.

legend
    Free Member

Bewbz.

BoardinBob

Lots of side boob
    Bale and Lawrence were excellent
    Adams ok
    Cooper wasn’t great
    Louis CK was brilliant as Cooper’s boss
    Great to look at but lacking in substance

6/10

shermer75
    Free Member

No, not on your own. Looks great, some amazing acting and some very funny hairstyles but ultimately hard to believe it’s the same guy who did ‘Silver Linings Playbook’

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’ve heard Wolf on Wall St lacks depth in its story so I may not bother.

Yes, it’s a boom to bust story, so you kinda know what’s coming, but for pure entertainment, it was good. Some very funny bits, and Leonardo Di Caprio is very good in it, I thought.

It’s long though, so may be worth waiting until it’s out on DVD and watching it at home.

shermer75
    Free Member

Great to look at but lacking in substance

This^^

aP
    Free Member

20-30 minutes too long, first hour good, middle half hour a bit meh, last hour good.
    Maybe WoWS this weekend.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘American Hustle’ is closed to new replies.