Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • American Flyers – Yay or Nay
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I discovered American Flyers on iTunes for £7.99. I LOVED this film as a kid. Should I add to my film collection and risk it being worse than I remembered or should I be content with my happy memories?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

There are boobies and bikes in it.

MSP

No amount of boobies and bikes can balance out the negative impact of Kevin Costner.

footflaps

Still a great film!

convert

It’s great! Any film with the line “You can’t be dying – you’ve got a moustache and everything!” has to be worth watching again! Best served with a beer and a smile and just go with the cheese!

footflaps

One of the highlights of a trip MTBing in the Rockies was riding past the Coors brewery just outside Golden, where the Hell of the West started – that film had a big influence on me when I first saw it (many decades ago).

mk1fan
    Free Member

I caught the end of it on TV last year and then bought it. Yes, it’s a bit cheeses but that just adds to the charm.

Do it. 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Done…although now iTunes won’t download it 🙁

YoGrant
    Free Member

Ace film. Loved it as a kid and still would love a steel red specialized Allez!

zangolin
    Free Member

Yes – you also need Breaking Away – from 1979 I think. Inspired me to start racing back in 1980.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1jzs6dk4bs[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

UPDATE
    bought it and it was just as excellent as I remembered 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

It be awesome

When i grow up i want a girlfriend that will follow behind me in a van and change my backwheel in 2 seconds when i get a puncture.

footflaps

Glad you still enjoyed it 🙂

footflaps

Trailer:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fiPgAsk58[/video]

emmodd
    Free Member

Yes! One of my fave films in my formative years. Watched it again recently and guess what – it was still great.

LsD
    Free Member

Of all the films featuring bearded Russian cyclists, American Flyers is the best. And it has that bloke who looks like Ted Danson.

But isn’t.

Indeed, enjoyment is only marred by lack of Subterranean Death Worms/Kevin Bacon.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

That’s too funny… I just saw this for sale in the local petrol station this morning… How I laughed! The Russians with the BMX helmets are a particular highlight for me 😆

krixmeister

“Hold your line!”

bigrich

breaking away is an awesome filum.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘American Flyers – Yay or Nay’ is closed to new replies.