Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AMD FD9370FHHK Wox Processor help
  • slowjo
    Free Member

My son is building some sort of top end gaming computer and has bought one of these.

At the moment he is buying the various components and is amassing a stash of very impressive looking boxes in his bedroom.

Anyway, this processor is liquid cooled and he has started to worry (possibly pointlessly) that it will be a pig to set up and secondly, that the supplied cooler will be inadequate i.e. it will not cool the processor adequately.

(He has Aspergers and a raft of other issues so this sort of thing tends to worry him more than it would most people.)

I have tried to reassure him that the manufacturer would not have sold the processor with an inadequate cooler but apparently I am not knowledgeable enough about this sort of thing (true).

It is at this stage in our household that the cry “Ask Singletrack” is heard. So….here I am….does anyone have any thoughts about this bit of kit, sufficient to calm him down?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try Tom’s Hardware

xora

Is this the sort of water cooled one where the heatsink connects via pipes to a case fan? If so looks simpler to setup than the old style where you had a monster bit of copper and fan hanging off CPU and getting in the way of the clips you needed to flip!

You can get an upgraded near silent Coolermaster for not many bucks so if it decreases his stress level probably worth it.

wilburt
    Free Member

My son builds gaming PC’s I’ll ask him this evening.

The bit of knowledge I’ve picked up from him would suggest the supplied cooler would be ok for standard settings but AMD processors are designed to be overclocked and that is when you’ll need a better cooler but not necessarily water cooled.

I’ll update later.

jolmes
    Free Member

Or Logical Increments, another good site specifically for building.

He could save some money dropping to an fx8350 and going for a corsair H100i. Its an older chip but still very good. Then use that saved money throw it towards the gfx card, depending on spec. I have the above config and rarely see my cpu over 28c under a heavy gaming load

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

wilburt
    Free Member

UPDATE: He may be correct that chip appears to run hot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘AMD FD9370FHHK Wox Processor help’ is closed to new replies.