Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ambiance?
  • owensmith
    Free Member

I know this is probably very annoying but please take a moment. I’m a product design student and would really appreciate it you could tell me what ambiance means to you? A few words, please don’t look for the definition or suggest products, just say what it is to you. Thanks, and have a good weekend riding, cos you know it’s gona be cold once the summer comes!

aP
    Free Member

Feeling in a space. Might be good, but then might not be.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

^^

Stoner
    Free Member

scrubbed pine tables and stools in a comfortable pub, fire, real ale and a genuine patina.

cheese@4p

Background

thepurist

Genius loci

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The sound of a police helicopter, the sight of a multitude of banners and flags, and the smell of freshly ground coffee waffling temptingly from Starbucks.

yunki
    Free Member

a seductive atmosphere, sexy, fun, stress free and easy.. probably friendly and warm with great tunes and good booze and drugs..tastefully lit of course.. 😉

amodicumofgnar

Feelings from a place – often intangible – can be formed from a number of different aspects. Presence or absence of one element can alter the ambiance. I’d say subjective so its right place and right time but that doesn’t mean many people cant pick up on the same thing.

stgeorge

Micky Flanagan on restaurants….

“I’ve worked out what an ambience is – it’s a night out without poor people.”

owensmith
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone that replied, all comments are appreciated, if anyone else would like to chip in, feel free

HermanShake
    Free Member

The sense of social and environmental factors combined, I associate it with a positive relaxing state. Understated and effective.

See Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works. Masterful and delicate.

zippykona

You’re going home in a cosmic ambience.

RustySpanner

?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

(whispers) Is anyone gonna tell him he’s spelt it wrong? 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

1. Dim lighting but still able to read and see.
    2. Light that is not glaring.
    3. Total silence or with sound of stream water at the background.
    4. Scent of flower or generally no bad odour smell.
    5. Warm but not too dry.
    6. Comfy sofa or chair.
    7. Good sound and TV systems.

PePPeR

Anyone telling lady gresley that if seems to be ok?

Anyway its a cosier word than atmosphere innit?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Anyone gonna tell PePPeR that he’s misspelt “it” ?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Whether or not a place has a good psychic atmosphere.Your instincts know when something is right or wrong.

djglover
    Free Member

Clouds and poodles’ balls, the very lightest of hair that falls from a pensioner following a curly perm

deluded
    Free Member

Sight, sound and smell combining to promote a greater sense of well being or creating a particular mood/theme – as naff as that sounds, admittedly.

PePPeR

Anyone gonna tell PePPeR that he’s misspelt “it” ?

Didn’t misspell anything, the predictive text monkeys on my Ipad (copy) were playing up! I’d only be whinging about spelling and putting Godwins law into place if something was actually spelt wrong!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

It’s the impossible to measure synergy of a number of unmeasurable quantifically and individual items, creating a complete picture in the mind, leading the mind to associate the impression formed overallinto memory, both short term and long. It is also generally personal, asit depends on past experience to generate.

A Yorkshire pub with a stone floor and a log fire is one mans “warm and homely”, but the same pub, with an uncomfortable chair and a miserable landlord, is a “miserable pub visit”. It seems something also, that some cultures are better at than others. For example, how many Chinese Retaurants, for all their gilt dragons and goldfish tanks, still seem cold, stilted and unhomely, whereas how many Curry houses seem to somehow be more “alive” and welcoming.

Is one overawed in a French restaurant, of even modest repute, afraid to speak up to the waiter or criticise the food or service, whereas an a genuinely Italian one where the main course takes an hour to arrive and the owner is playing with their little son in the restaurant doesn;t offend in the same way?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ambiance?’ is closed to new replies.