• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon Xbox live random purchase….? scam, ? son…!
  • DrP

So this morning I see an email from AMAZON stating an Xbox live gold membership order was confirmed.. £39.99..
    However, the order was ‘placed’ at 0211 this morning.

I got the email, but oddly, the order was ‘hidden’ in my order history. once I clicked ‘unhide’ it was visible.

I challenged my lad (7) about it as he was playing Xbox yesterday. However, surely if it was ordered via the Xbox, it wouldn’t be shown as an amazon purchase – right…

So, possibilities include:
    -my amazon account was hacked and at 0211 someone ordered the Xbox gold membership, and ‘hid’ the order (but forgot an email would be sent).
    -something else – i’ve never had Xbox gold, so it’s not a recurring order.

I’ve changed my amazon password, and let amazon know.

Thoughts?
    I think it might be a ‘testing the water’ scenario – if i failed to notice the order, then they’ll (illegals. probably Brexitters or something) place loads of orders and sell the Xbox codes.

DrP

yorkshire89
    Free Member

You can buy xbox live membership through amazon. They’ll probably just send a code.

Can you check when your lads xbox live membership runs out? Or did you buy it for him last year and it’s being automatically renewed?

scotroutes

2:11 UK time?

hoops

Amazon only sell an Online Code or deliver a physical Card with a scratch panel covering the code. Which is the order for? Physical card then you should have a delivery address. Online code then you should have an email address.

DrP

My son hasn’t ever had Xbox live membership – I’ve never bought it (amazon, or through the xbox).

He’s a smart lad, crafty even, though I doubt he’d wake up at 0211 to order Xbox live membership (we have no need for it!!)..

scotroutes – yeah, 0211 was when the amazon order was placed (email sent at that time, and the amazon customer service person confirmed that’s when the order was placed).

The more i think about it, the more i suspect a dodgy event!!

DrP

DrP

Amazon only sell an Online Code or deliver a physical Card with a scratch panel covering the code. Which is the order for? Physical card then you should have a delivery address. Online code then you should have an email address.

Hmmmm…the code has been sent to ME (as in, my amazon email address).

I’ve ordered games etc via the Xbox (as in, you order/pay etc through the xbox) but that’s linked to paypal. So if my son had accidentally clicked ‘buy’ on teh Xbox, it would be a paypal receipt.

I’ve no idea where/how the amazon order was made. At 0211.

Am i sleep ordering!

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Does sound dodgy. I seem to remember when my kid was using the Xbox, it was very easy to “accidentally” order stuff as all card/payment details are saved in the Xbox Profiles. Bloody attrocious system for something used by children.

Are Amazon refunding?

Cougar

I doubt he’d wake up at 0211 to order Xbox live membership (we have no need for it!!)..

“We” have no need for it? I’m sure your son has no need for free games every month. It does seem odd though, I mean, if I was a sneaky 7-year old wanting daddy to buy me a Gold sub, I’d probably have done it through the Xbox rather than Amazon.

See if you can get Amazon to confirm the IP address from when the purchase was made? That’ll tell you if it’s an internal problem or not.

I’d change the password on the email account also.

I seem to remember when my kid was using the Xbox, it was very easy to “accidentally” order stuff

Not by Amazon it isn’t.

DrP

I’m sure your son has no need for free games every month.

Chuckle!

He doesn’t know the ipad or laptop passwords.. I kind of accept that hey may have ‘accidentally’ clicked ‘buy’ on the Xbox (as per Dez’s criminal offspring!! (how is he?)), but he wouldn’t have ordered at 0211 through Amazon.

I’m awaiting contact from Amazon fraud team, to let me know the IP address etc..

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

(how is he?)

Generally great, thanks 🙂 Bit ill at the moment, unfortunately. Just a cold I think (I am not a…etc)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Xbox live random purchase….? scam, ? son…!’ is closed to new replies.