Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Amazon prime – worth it?
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

I’ve found it really good value …. Especially when I got it on an offer for £59!

I’ve watched a number of great films …. Don’t really watch mini series ….. But currently just started watching the X Files right back from day one ….

I’ve watched a few films that were in the cinema not long ago…. Imitation Game , Turner amongst others

Even at full price I’ve had good value in my book just from films…. Although I’ve also saved a fair chunk on parcel deliveries too

grum
    Free Member

Despite Lagertha’s charms – just cancelled my Prime membership. Their delivery service has totally gone to shit. Items claimed to be delivered when they’re not, items late, delivery drivers claiming to be on our street wanting detailed directions then not turning up.

Customer services not really interested – offered a month’s free service.

It was good when I used to be reasonably confident things would turn up next day – now I’m never sure if they will turn up at all.

chubstr
    Free Member

I signed up for a free month of Prime today along with Netflix. Already I think i’ll be going with Netflix. neither are really on a par with Sky, but then they’re a hell of a lot cheaper. Just seems that Netflix seems to be more inclusive. Prime has a few good things then everything else is rental

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hardly watch anything on Prime, though have used it for a few kids things. My own personal problem with it, is that while I didn’t exclusively not shop on Amazon previously, having bought prime (with a growing nipper and his ever changing needs, we do end up having to always be looking for something for him…not excessively, honest, but y’know, there’s always something we need…), we do end up shopping more on Amazon than I’m comfortable with – in a kind of “well, we’ve paid for it…” way. We’ve not had any problems with deliveries – and we’re lucky in that the bunch of neighbours at the top of our road are all happy to take stuff in for one another. Will I renew…dunno to be honest. I ought to spread my business around a bit more than I do.

scotroutes

The whole Prime delivery thing is reason enough for me. Too many companies are charging extra, taking much longer or not delivering at all to anywhere north of Perth.

And, as a result of this thread, I’m now doing the X Files again 😆

DT78
    Free Member

Must admit the delivery side of things does seem a bit hit and miss, so far nowt has arrived next day, unless the drivers are not leaving any cards. It is usually within 2-3 days.

It means I’m buying small things like dummies for the boy from amazon rather than having to remember to buy next time we are near a mothercare or boots. Useful but not sure worth the extra!

Found I can download the prime content so going to try that rather than streaming which isn’t reliable enough for me whilst turboing (on the iPad using browser or app)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

struggling to think of anything that has not come next day for me, and I have bought a lot from them…

What hacks me off is the restrictions on buying stuff from Amazon.com – I bought my first book from them in, I think, 1994 or 1995 when they had just started and had no real presence – I only found them because I was searching for a particular book. I should be in some sort of VIP customer category I reckon.

grum
    Free Member

struggling to think of anything that has not come next day for me, and I have bought a lot from them…

It used to be very reliable for me. Has totally gone to shit recently. Dunno if it’s a new courier they are using or what.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think all the local couriers know how to get to our house easily due to the amount of clothing orders my wife makes from various places, so maybe that is why I haven’t had any issues.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I went with Prime for delivery originally because things towards Christmas would take a few days longer with the free options and I’m always a last minute bloke with Christmas shopping 😀 . Prime, order in the evening and it’s there next day (for ‘Prime’ products that is, but those are the ones I go for anyway in that I know it’s from Amazon or properly fulfilled by them not some pikey selling on Amazon).

Couriers seem to vary. Mostly I find my stuff is delivered by some scruffy guy in a car.

shifter
    Free Member

Thread bump, given a Fire hd8 at Christmas and quite like it to browse on. Took up the Prime free trial and after loading some music started looking for bike movies. According to this:
    http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-videos/10-excellent-mountain-bike-films-you-can-stream-on-netflix-and-amazon-prime-right-now/
    there should be plenty in there but I can’t find any of them. What am I doing wrong ?

smogmonster

Prime has some great series – Halt and Catch Fire is a particular corker, even though it never gets a mention. The film selection is abysmal though, some right turkeys. The fact you can download to watch offline is very useful though, its about the only thing that lets down Netflix, which has a better overall spread, and if you like Marvel series it is of course the only place to go. For the £7 a month or so that they cost, theyre both worth the dough. Im seriously considering binning Sky and just watching them instead.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Thread bump, given a Fire hd8 at Christmas and quite like it to browse on. Took up the Prime free trial and after loading some music started looking for bike movies. According to this:
    http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-videos/10-excellent-mountain-bike-films-you-can-stream-on-netflix-and-amazon-prime-right-now/
    there should be plenty in there but I can’t find any of them. What am I doing wrong ?

Don’t think you are doing anything wrong, can’t find them either – might be a US only thing

freeagent
    Free Member

Any of you with Amazon Prime – watch “Flesh and Bone”

Gritty 8 part mini-series about a ballet company in New York – and all the Drugs/Sex/Russian mobsters/etc that are associated with it..

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks notbob. Bit of a let-down mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Amazon prime – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.