Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Amazon mp3s – DRM question
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t really understand all the DRM stuff 😕

Some of you contributed to my wedding playlist requests thread – and thank you very much – got some great suggestions from it 🙂 The playlist is just about finalised. Woo!

Now, I need to put this playlist on to my iPhone but also want to take back up, and preferably in a way that can be transferred onto my mate’s laptop once we meet up in Ireland.

If I buy the mp3s from Amazon (or other stores if applicable?), it says that they’re DRM free. So, can I transfer them to a flash thingy by USB to have as back up and can they then be copied to his laptop once we get to Ireland for the wedding?

I’m running a Mac with iTunes. He’ll be running a laptop with some kind of windows on it.

mboy
    Free Member

If they’re DRM free, put on any USB/SD card/CD/HDD you like and take with you, then open the files on his PC.

Won’t be a problem at all.

If you bought them through iTunes, all you’d have to do is temporarily allow his PC to be authorised to your iTunes account, but as you’re not, you’ve made it even simpler for yourself!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Amazon site says that its mp3s are ok to play in iTunes…

Stoopid question, but there won’t be any problem with them will there?

retro83
    Free Member

nope, no problem. just normal mp3 files.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, cheers all…sorry, wouldn’t worry so much…just feeling the weight of responsibility of this **** playlist thing. 😐

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Amazon mp3s – DRM question’ is closed to new replies.