Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Amazon kindle in France…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

am i being stupid, or does amazon.fr not sell them? i keep getting redirected to the US site. the UK site charges to send to france, but it might be my only option?

woody2000

Nope, I think you’re right. With a tag line of “420,000 books in English”, maybe there’s not much demand?

Caher

You have to use the international site if you live outside the UK. I live in Switzerland and as my address is swiss i cannot use the Kindle UK market. Something to do with Copyright.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Use a uk based proxy.

vinnyeh

There’s loads of discussions about using the Kindle and .co.uk if you live overseas on the Amazon Kindle forum. Try searching for ‘Spain’ or something like that.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks for the info guys. so maybe i need to get it sent to my parents address, using my uk bank.

as for downloading books etc, if i have a er, program, which (hypothetically speaking) enables me to watch certain uk only online TV content, would one just need to run this while i download books?

oh, but also, i read the 3g one is enabled in over 100 territories worldwide (inc france…)?

i’ll look through the forums too.

5lab

you can download books anywhere in the world. If you have the wifi one, obviously you’ll have to be in a wifi area, but that’s it. Might have to charge the cost to a UK bank, but it looks like that wouldn’t be a problem?

I had my (wifi only) kindle with me in france over new years, and bought a couple of books on it without issue – delivered within 10 seconds

samuri
    Free Member

I’ll be interested to see if my uk bought kindle still works it’s 3g magic in switzerland next week actually.

vinnyeh

I’ll be interested to see if my uk bought kindle still works it’s 3g magic in switzerland next week actually.

Mine was great in the States a couple of months back, though it keeps giving me the option of switching between .com and .co.uk to buy. Unusually for rip off Britain, the .co.uk site is normally cheaper.
    3G Internet was useful as well, on the occasion when there was no free wifi- with no cheap data roaming for the phone it was easy, though a bit slow to use the kindle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Amazon kindle in France…’ is closed to new replies.