Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazon Firestick help
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Just got one of these, thought it’d make sense as we watch videos and movies with prime. But, I’m finding it really frustrating!

It doesn’t seem to have the same saved watch list as on the pc/laptop, so I can’t find what I’m in the middle of watching, does this not automataically sinc or something? I’m in the middle of season 4 The Walking Dead, but when I search I only get season 1 and 7 show up in the search, or do I have to labouriously type in ‘the walking dead season 4’ which is a real faff using the scroll and select buttons.

When I try to watch a movie it comes up with some error message about geographical location and if we try to purchase the movie it comes up in $. I found something in the settings where you can set location/add a postcode but there’s only the option of entering numbers, like a US zip code, can’t seem to change this.

There seems to be some free to watch tv stuff on there but we can’t get that either, we get some message about pricing unavailable.

I got fed up with it in the end. Gone back to my laptop now. Is this just the way it is as there doesn’t seem to be any advantage in having this over just using my laptop or phone and plugging that into the tv where I can find what I want straight away?

Sorry if I’m missing something simple, but this doesn’t seem intuative to me.

milky1980
    Free Member

Where did you get it from? It could be a US market one as I recall reading that they are zoned like DVD’s used to be, mine definitely had a ‘UK Market’ sticker on the box/packaging somewhere.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Just ordered it from Amazon.co.uk, arrived in a day, looking at the box it doesn’t say ‘UK market’ anywhere but there’s a series of 28 small boxes with different countries in like IT, AT, DE etc, last one is UK.

skids
    Free Member

if you are looking at one season of walking dead you can press up and select the different seasons. I noticed they did some update in the last few weeks and now it doesn’t say which episodes you have watched anymore which is rubbish. It just tries to stat you at the episode you were last watching

frogstomp

I got one a couple of weeks ago and had a similar region issue. Turned out the default region for my Amazon account was Amazon.com for some reason – did the ring back ‘contact me’ thing and got it sorted (eventually).

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at it again today, didn’t try going up or down to change seasons so I’ll try that.

No idea if our account is .com or .co.uk, doesn’t say anywhere and nothing under ‘your account’ unless I’m missing something? We sign in on .co.uk so you’d think it would know, will look later.

Thanks all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Firestick help’ is closed to new replies.