Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Amazon & a test of my moral fibre
  • MrPottatoHead

Arrive home today and a present for my wife has been delivered – nothing too fancy but cost me £7 (hand cream if you must know). However on inspection instead of delivering 1, they have made a picking error and sent me the shipping carton of 6.

Do I;

a) Do the correct thing. Contact Amazon and offer them the chance to collect them back. Chances are they will write off the loss and tell me to keep them & I will feel morally satisfied.

b) Screw the Mega corp and their evil tax evasions, say nothing and keep them.

c) Flog them on eBay and feel a bit nasty but make a few quid.

d) Other???

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

eBay them and give the money to charity

sandwicheater

The answer is first; A, do the right thing followed by E, hoof in the slats for having to ask.

poah
    Free Member

check your bill to see if they have charged you for 6. They did this to my brother in law, he ended up with 5 pressure cookers lol

mic8
    Free Member

Do you think Amazon will miss the £35?

I would do as GlennQuaqmire says to satisfy your morals.

martinhutch

he ended up with 5 pressure cookers lol

So he lived in a pressure cooker environment?

akira

You forgot about f) which is hang around outside Amazon hq commenting on how soft your hands are. If no one says anything you’re all good.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you are already morally compromised by using them so you might as well be a thief as well 😉

Charity option is a good one IMHO

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

This is no dilemma at all!

Someone made a mistake and sent you some stuff which isn’t yours because you didn’t order it and haven’t paid for it.

Tell them and let them send their courier to collect.

funkmasterp

Hand cream for everyone this Christmas?

scaredypants

I think it’s harder than you think to actually contact amazon – you can open a “case” and will get to do a free return but I don’t remember seeing a way to talk to them

Maybe I didn’t try hard enough

Kuco

I got sent something by mistake in an order from Amazon once. Contacted them and they said just keep it.

scotroutes

IME this is the most likely scenario

matt_outandabout

Order again to verify if it’s a computer error? 😉

aide

F) keep them and have one in your pack at all times, next time you take a bit longer on your ride than you said you’d be, take it out your pack and say to your other half ” sorry, took a bit longer as boots where doing a deal on that hand cream you like, so cycled along to get you a tub” win win

spectraken
    Free Member

I was able to phone customer services when I received an extra 3 jars of manuka honey on top of the 3 I ordered. Luckily, as it was a food product they said that couldn’t take them back. Sweet!

DezB
    Free Member

Theres only a dilemma if you ask us idiots on here! do what YOU want.

scotroutes

I hope so

wukfit
    Free Member

I’d return the one you paid for for a refund ;-p

MrPottatoHead

Well blabber-me-ghasted they want them back. Went with a) and they are now sending a courier to collect them. Times must be tough for Amazon HQ!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thats the next 6 years sorted. Gift horse / mouth….

fooman

You did the right thing letting them know, it’s their stuff after all

spacemonkey

Wiggle once sent me a pair of Pearl Izumi MTB shoes (in my size as it happens). Spent 30 mins wearing them in around the office and decided to keep them. Did me well for 2 years or so.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’ve heard that Amazon take it out of the employee’s wage/salary. Fortunately that Bezos fella is worth a bloody fortune and won’t miss it. Posession is 9/10 of the law and you’re not breaking any tax laws which is far more serious.

funkmasterp

I’ve been sent double of things on occasion. CD’s when I still bought them and a small gift for the missus. Didn’t even cross my mind to return them. Albums went to mates and I’m not sure what happened to the other thing. I’ll probably be damned to hell for it and possibly be stoned for being a morally reprehensible individual next time I leave the house.

On balance I’ve handed in dropped wallets and tracked down owners of lost mobiles. Maybe I’ll just be condemned to purgatory for my heinous crimes.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Option C without even a second’s thought… the wife gets her pressie for free AND you get some beer money…

Come at me bro

ade9933
    Free Member

It would probably cost them more to restock them. It’s not like they sent you 6 bikes instead of 1. (Cost would be 50% of this anyway)

It would also be a hassle for you to resend for the sake of no real benefit to Amazon or you.

I’d just put them in a cupboard and count the next 6 Christmas’s as sorted 🙂

lesgrandepotato

6 tubs of hand creme. 1 for Xmas and 5 for special time alone moments?

andyrm
    Free Member

Remember you may not be buying off Amazon Corp, but a small business who sells through them and their fulfilment service. Have a think about the impact it may have on that small seller.

I’d always advocate doing the right thing.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Amazon & a test of my moral fibre’ is closed to new replies.