Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazingly proud dad.
  • Ambrose

Normally I try to be dispassionate but the perfect storm occurred tonight. I’m such a proud dad, it hurts!

Boy 1 has graduated, does odd jobs with Mumford and Sons bands, now in a permanent job doing what he loves- promoting live music in Cardiff. And moving into live visual as well as live sound too. If you ever are in Cardiff and need a good gig, get ye to the club called ‘Gwdi Hw’ Its pronounced Goody Who. Bright orange, behind Cardiff International Arena and the Atruim. BIG hair- that’s my boy!

Boy 2, Parent’s evening. Nothing but praise from teacher after teacher. I’m a teacher myself, and I know the language his were using- they had no faults, nothing but praise. He’s only recently started A levels but is already getting A grades.
    My word- it seems that I’ve created a couple of wunderkinder.

Anyway, sorry for being all ‘Dadsnet’. Off to hide my shame for getting emotional now, but with a smile on my face and with joy in my heart.

Who says today’s youth crap? Not me, that’s for sure.

user-removed
    Free Member

Good on ye! No shame in bursting with pride in this case.

Edit: apart from the big hair bit. Tell him to get a haircut, have a bath and get a proper job.

😉

seadog101

Be chuffed – Too many gloomy people out there panning our kids.

Currently trying to convince elder younger Seadog NOT to do 5 A-levels. Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths should be enough!

iolo
    Free Member

Good for you.
    Didn’t I read on here that mumford and sons split up?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Great news, there are good kids out there but it’s not newsworthy.
    Be proud and shout about them.

@seadog
    – same here, same subjects plus Govt & Politics, he’s just left the house to catch the bus to 6th form and gets home at 5.30pm. Very proud of the effort he’s putting in but fearful that he’s taken on too much.
    Proud Dads Unite.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good for you and them !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazingly proud dad.’ is closed to new replies.