Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Amazing science images
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Like this one!

More here

Cletus

Looks like a Doctor Who monster circa 1983

mattk
    Free Member

Amazing and a bit disturbing, ill have to go see the exhibition when I comes near the midlands

tonyg2003

Scanning electron microscopes (I used to use one many years ago) are great things to use. We used to put all sorts in to have a look one in our spare time.

crazy-legs

I like pictures from the other end of the scale…

(Gas & dust cloud, shot by Hubble)

brakes
    Free Member

that invertebrate reminds me of a hoover bag.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member
    roper
    Free Member

That little creature at the top is an amazing little thing.
    It’s a tardigrade.
    This is what wiki has to Say,”tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water, pressures about 6 times stronger than pressures found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than would kill a person, and the vacuum of outer space. They can go without food or water for more than 10 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce”.
    Personally I think they should be in the coolest person thread.

I find this, and the technology that made it possible, simply incredible.

Pale blue dot.

How on Earth (or in interstellar space)can something built in the era of the Austin Allegro, four years before the first Sinclair Z81, still be working ?

geetee1972
    Free Member

How on Earth (or in interstellar space)can something built in the era of the Austin Allegro, four years before the first Sinclair Z81, still be working ?

LOL Brilliant!

slimjim78
    Free Member

What does a tardigrade do? Other than look like the talent on offer in Staines in a Friday night..

crikey
    Free Member

It looks like binners in a onesie.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Darth Vader ‘see/speak no evil’ embryos are absolutely fascinating

Garry_Lager

Water bears were on the Octonauts the other day – cbeebies finest. Some good technical consultants on that show – they have some obscure and interesting creatures for Cptn Barnacles and crew to deal with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Amazing science images’ is closed to new replies.