Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Amateur rider's track hour attempt
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member
    weeksy

Good read!

crazy-legs

Cyclist Magazine ran a similar article last month, Stu Bowers (their tech ed and former MTB racer) wrote a good piece about the preparation, the kit, the whole experience; think he did a fraction under 45km in the end.

nedrapier

Michael Hutchinson’s book The Hour is a great read. About his go at it and everything that went into it, interspersed with the history of the event.

leffeboy

Good article. Hope Wiggins manages something special

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I saw that, I think he did pretty well!

cynic-al
    Free Member

SOMEONE DID IT ON A CHOPPER LATELY IIRC

bigdaddy

Theres a similar article in the telegraph today, all the journos are at it…. He only managed 33k though, so a bit rubbish!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

That was a good read that, cheers for sharing!

Another one,

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/02/putting-the-hour-record-in-perspective-how-does-an-amateur-compare/

I’d love a go myself! If probably not want to look at another track bike ever again after though…

scandal42
    Free Member

I reckon Guy Martin is secretly in training for it, wait for BW to set a new record then go out and dismantle it on an Orange 5 with tea in his water bottle.

nickdavies

Anyone else spot the age records at the bottom of the aussie article?
    A 103 year old did a 26k hour last year, chapeau to him!

molgrips
    Free Member

How many people have ever ridden around a track for an hour solid, he asks? I used to do this for 1h45 at Maindy for lunchtime training. No stopping or slowing either, although it was on a normal road bike.

rusty90
    Free Member

SOMEONE DID IT ON A CHOPPER LATELY IIRC

[url=http://]Henley cyclist attempts hour record on Raleigh Chopper[/url]
    31.9km

mogrim

Good read, enjoyed that. Not sure I want to have a go, though!

avdave2

IIRC Eddy Merckx said it took him a month to recover from winning the Tour de France and a year to recover from the hour.

edhornby

I can believe it though – Merckx really went deep and it was in Mexico so can you imagine trying to do the initial recovery at altitude??

I like riding a fixed gear and I’ve been on the boards at manchester and enjoy it, but no way would I want to do an Hour….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good read thanks. 32k on a Chopper is a good effort !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Amateur rider's track hour attempt’ is closed to new replies.