Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?
  • hora
    Free Member

Well like it or not we are going to see alot more of her in the coming years.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seems that way, BBC following her off the plane as it landed in the USA.

Nice.

Sob.

Sob.

Sob.

I’m so happy.

Sob.

Ad nausium..

M6TTF
    Free Member

“She was actually sitting alone in a separate room waiting for her boyfriend, and Napoleani said in court Friday (Feb. 27) that when she went to get some water she walked by the room where Amanda was and saw Amanda ‘doing the splits.’ She said she thought this was ‘odd behavior,’ and that Amanda should have instead appeared to be mourning the loss of Meredith. The tabloid press further sensationalized her statement by changing ‘the splits’ to ‘cartwheels,’ and the mainstream press ran with that. ”
    http://www.westseattleherald.com/2009/03/01/news/knox-says-cop-misread-yoga-move

so one persons word against another – not strictly fact either way is it.

Sadly I doubt we’ll ever know the truth about what happened – that fact she lied repeatedly about events initially seems weird for an ‘innocent’

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The whole thing has passed in front of my attention like a sort of reality soap opera. I don’t feel connected to any of these people to want to have an opinion either way, not actually knowing any of them.

Why should I care?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sadly I doubt we’ll ever know the truth about what happened – that fact she lied repeatedly about events initially seems weird for an ‘innocent’

Really – 14 hours of intense interrogation including being hit? Many folk would crack and say whatever the cops wanted. Many cases of this in UK miscarriages of justice

We do know what happened. The guy who is in jail for the killing broke in, raped and murdered her.

clubber
    Free Member

Interesting position – on the one hand the process is fallible (Police forcing a confession) and on the other it’s infallible (bloke in jail).

Rich
    Free Member

Could have sworn I saw video footage at the time of Knox doing cartwheels in the street!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clubber – the bloke in jail has not appealed. Thats the difference.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, fair comment I guess though that doesn’t necessarily say that we really know what actually happened, just that it’s very unlikely that he wasn’t involved.

EDIT – he has appealed, just didn’t get the verdict overruled. He still claims to be innocent.

My point being that a conviction only tells us what the court has decided. Unless we believe it’s infallible, all we’ve learnt from the Knox appeal is that the court doesn’t believe that the conviction was legally sound, not that she was innocent. No idea of the details of it as I haven’t really followed it much so I’d be interested to know if there’s other evidence that does make them look guilty but maybe doesn’t reach the ‘reasonable doubt’ requirement or whatever else Italian law requires.

Scamper
    Free Member

I thought the bloke in jail had used up all of his appeals? Also would Knox have spent 3 yrs in jail anyway for trying to blame someone else?

rkk01
    Free Member

The guy who is in jail for the killing broke in, raped and murdered her.

This – seems entirely credible.
    The man has form on burglary, the only person apart from the victim known to have been at the scene, did a runner and claims (later denied) to have had an accomplice.

As mentioned / alluded to in various other posts as well, to kill someone by cutting their throat – jeez that is cold, brutal and must require strength of body and cold willpower. You only have to read soldiers’ accounts of close combat / bayonet use to realise how truly horrific that would be

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?’ is closed to new replies.