Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AM41 or Karvers?
  • supafly1982
    Free Member

Right, ive had my AM41 the past year and they have been good but always felt a bit on the small side for my size, wish i had bought a size up.
    I love riding in the wet and mud and often have to push bikes up sections and terrain so need a comfy, durable shoe.

I like having the lace flap to stop all the gitters getting in and a little ankle protection is good too.

So how do you think these two types of shoe compare to each other…..ps it always rains in Scotland lol

cheers
    scott

mrblobby
    Free Member

Went for AM41 here just because of the mud and rain thing. I’ll probably get some five tens again for the summer. Both great shoes.

supafly1982
    Free Member

really? nobody else? lol

Northwind

TBH a pair of Freeriders and a bottle of Grangers shoe waterproofer works better than most. Karver seems like it should be good in the rain but it’s got too much Impact DNA, it’s still a sponge.

Haven’t used the AM41s though- my AM40s were ace but not really any better than anything else in the wet, and the AM41 seems like the same only less good.

stevede
    Free Member

What Northwind said regarding the karvers, the am40’s were definately better on wet weather duties than the am41’s but both do a reasonable job, dry out pretty quickly and have enough grip for me. 5.10 freeriders are my favourite shoes by far but take too long to dry out this time of year for me.
    Have had some Tevas for a couple of days now and they seem decent so far but are a little stiffer than I’d like and less grip than the rest – still enough for me for trail riding but won’t be using them for dh duties.

Northwind

Oh yeah… I bought some electric shoe dryers off ebay, they look ridiculous but they dry shoes, electrically. Wish I’d got them years ago, takes about a third as long for my Freeriders to dry out now.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Been wearing karvers for a year now, no problems, have been contemplating teva’s for the last couple of weeks but not convinced of the grip compared to 5:10’s but still fancy a pair to try them out.

supafly1982
    Free Member

ive ordered Karvers to try, can always go back to my AM41

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘AM41 or Karvers?’ is closed to new replies.